• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

In Need of Surface Warfare Officers Naval Base Kitsap

DWILL

Hello all,

I am a SWO and SC hopeful, trying to have my entire package completed in time for the 16 Oct 2013 deadline. I am in serious need of a senior SWO officer for interview purposes. I am using all avenues available to me, including my command's officer programs director. It has been difficult to find any line SWOs. We have plenty of LDOs in the area, but nobody fitting the specific criteria I need. I am on a sub base with no SWOs in sight. This is Washington State, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

DWILL

DWILL

It's funny you mentioned them, my division officer just told me he was stationed there. He is a sub guy, but says that's my best bet. Thanks robav8r.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have you tried Sailor Bob? Hard to believe you can't find a senior SWO officer up there. You've got Bremerton down the road and Everett across the pond just a short ferry ride away. Try the reserve center that sits to the right, just before you enter the front main gate at the north entrance to the sub base. Good chance that the CO (O-5) will be a SWO.

DWILL

Sailor Bob? I am currently looking into Everett right now. I wasn't aware of a reserve center near base, that will definitely be my next stop if it is still around. Thank you Mr. Wilkins.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
... Try the reserve center that sits to the right, just before you enter the front main gate at the north entrance to the sub base. Good chance that the CO (O-5) will be a SWO.
If you go by on a drill weekend you would probably be able to find some senior Chops to interview you as well. That would have to be helpful to a SC re-designation board. Plenty of senior SWOs as well, as long as you don't mind them being Reserve pukes. They hang out in the VTU with practically nothing to do.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sailor Bob? I am currently looking into Everett right now. I wasn't aware of a reserve center near base, that will definitely be my next stop if it is still around. Thank you Mr. Wilkins.
Maybe I'm not understanding something. Are you now currently a SWO that is looking to go Supply, or are you neither but are looking to go either SWO or Supply? I understood you to be a current SWO.

LET73

Maybe I'm not understanding something. Are you now currently a SWO that is looking to go Supply, or are you neither but are looking to go either SWO or Supply? I understood you to be a current SWO.
Pretty sure the OP is a sub guy looking to go SWO or SUPPO. Everett is the best bet for finding senior SWOs.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Re: his profile, OP is an enlisted Naval Instructor (Sub Base), w/ 6.5 years service... preparing a package to apply for SWO/SupO.
BzB

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Re: his profile, OP is an enlisted Naval Instructor (Sub Base), w/ 6.5 years service... preparing a package to apply for SWO/SupO.
BzB
You actually read his profile before considering a reply? You set the bar pretty high for us kids.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You actually read his profile before considering a reply? You set the bar pretty high for us kids.
Yeah, screw that. Tell me the info I need to know to help you. I'm not digging for it.

LET73

I'm lazy as hell (i.e., not nearly motivated enough to read a profile in most cases--BzB is a better man than all of us), but the post was clear enough to me. :)

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
--BzB is a better man than all of us), but the post was clear enough to me. :)
Hardly that; but when trying to help out/answer questions for 'wannabees'... like other old hands here, I find myself more motivated to spend MY time mentoring, when they have spent a bit of THEIR time entering some basic info into their profile. Not seeking surnames or anything security sensitive; just general 'stuffs' like: prior/active/degree/Univ. & major/military rank & goals, and any other info pertinent to career goals. Not required, but it helps us help them.;)
BzB:cool:

LET73

Hardly that; but when trying to help out/answer questions for 'wannabees'... like other old hands here, I find myself more motivated to spend MY time mentoring, when they have spent a bit of THEIR time entering some basic info into their profile. Not seeking surnames or anything security sensitive; just general 'stuffs' like: prior/active/degree/Univ. & major/military rank & goals, and any other info pertinent to career goals. Not required, but it helps us help them.;)
I knew what you meant. If their questions are important enough for experienced people to take the time to answer, the least they can do is put in the same amount of effort as the people answering their questions. But sometimes I answer their questions anyway, and so probably play a miniscule part in encouraging "bad behavior." :)

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I knew what you meant. If their questions are important enough for experienced people to take the time to answer, the least they can do is put in the same amount of effort as the people answering their questions. But sometimes I answer their questions anyway, and so probably play a miniscule part in encouraging "bad behavior." :)
Not seeking surnames or anything security sensitive; just general 'stuffs' like: prior/active/degree/Univ. & major/military rank & goals, and any other info pertinent to career goals. Not required, but it helps us help them.;)
I agree with you, as I also have addressed numerous questions/situations from many 'newbs' with blank profiles. I don't think it's bad behavior, but mostly being overly cautious in posting personal data online, can't knock that.:oops: It's just easier/more efficient to mentor & communicate if you know a little background of the "mentee". But online personal info if any, posted in a profile, is at the discretion of that member only. I just feel that I can offer a little better answers/opinions, if a minor bit of general info is available, such as that mentioned in my cite above.:)

Another item for the newbies... personally I don't respond to questions/problems when I know that the answers and/or info, is readily available using our AW search feature. I gave up "spoon feeding" when my youngest Son turned two... (he will turn 49 next month)!:p:eek:
BzB