• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Important Question about past medical files

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritmachine23

i have a medical question regarding ritalin, ive heard that a history of ritalin after the age of 12 is disqualifying, but that they give waivers for it. does anyone know how often they give waivers?? and on what grounds they give them?? i took ritalin when i was in grade school and middle school but haven't had it in 5 or 6 years. would it be possible for me to get a waiver?? also how do waivers affect your chances of getting a SNA slot do vision or other medical waivers hurt your chances of getting selected?? thanks

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any Ritalin use or history of ADD or ADHD is disqualifying, but waivers can and are given. I'm not a flight doc, don't know the details, but I was on it too as a kid and am waived and in Primary. It's overprescribed anyway so don't sweat it.

lombs18

Is there any limit to how many waivers you can have? after reading this site i am sure i am going to need more than one waiver. Thanks

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Lombo18 said:
Is there any limit to how many waivers you can have? after reading this site i am sure i am going to need more than one waiver. Thanks

Depends more on the type of waiver and your classification.

I have waivers for: retained hardware (pins and screws in ankle), kidney stones, GERD, PRK, gout....crap, I am getting old.

Waiver guide is online; I will try to post it from work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.