• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Image Linking in Posts: What not to do....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This post is not specifically directed at anyone, but recently I have gotten a number of complaints from other webmasters running a variety of websites that have complained about the fact that I am "stealing their bandwidth"... How you might ask? Well, if you add a link to an off site image, that you found on someone else's website, whenever it is viewed here on AW's, it counts against the OTHER website's bandwidth. Now, you have to understand, that AW gets millions of hits and page views, and that can add up for some other sites. In all honesty, I doubt it adversely affects them, but I have to respect their request to remove the link and data call to their images. So, what I need from the users posting on AW's:

- Don't link to an offsite image.
- If you are using an image in a post to make a point, you have two options:
1) Upload it as an attachment, we have plenty of bandwidth here.
2) Host it off of whatever photo or image accounts you own.

Regards,

John

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
interesting.....you would think that the other webmasters would be happy for the free press. I know I've looked around other people's websites because of what gets linked to AW. Some is good. Some is not so good.