• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm ready now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Got these pictures in from Steve, the other webmaster and creator of this site, while he is on his 9 month and counting deployment.

rdy1.jpg

rdy2.jpg

rdy3.jpg

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, but goes to show the frustration that they are going through, in their 9th month at sea.

BYSun

I noticed that too Patmack, but still the smile is worth it...

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
These pictures are not meant to be real. But as John points out very well, they do illustrate the pure frustration we were going through while we were over there while waiting for something to happen.

--Steve

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Come on, with the great chow, awesome weight rooms, Big Screen TV's, huge staterooms and scantily clad women. How can you complain.

Dave

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What I think you were trying to say is that their uniforms leave little ROOM for the imagination...yes?

jaerose

Yes, I was just being sarcastic, which I'm sure you picked up on. Is it that bad on a typical cruise (non-wartime), or does it not seem so long and monotonous?

JR

mbeaser

Have you ever seen the movie groundhog day? I wasn't even on a real USS (USNS type) and I'd still get up on some Saturdays and get ready for morning muster before realizing I didn't need to. I understand it is even worse on a sub. As far as the amount left to the imagination by the uniform, it depends on whether "sea cow" status has been achieved yet or not. I tend to think there is a little too much leeway in the weight standard (I gave birth to my son within standards and was 5 lbs over with my daughter), although I have to admit that breastfeeding isn't doing its weight-loss magic this time around and I'm just now losing the skintight effect even though she's 5.5 months, that's just because its such a pain to order new uniforms overseas, I was 10lbs under max by the time I left the hospital with her.
Missy, IT1 type

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have I seen 'Groundhog Day'? Oh yes, I've seen it. Hmmm, I think I saw it about 15 times this deployment. I think the tv people would play it just because they could. Thank goodness for my DVD's and laptop. Geez, we had better movies on a cruiser during our Crack Pac (counter drug ops).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Crack Pac lunch movie: Ground Hog Day....daily.

<shudder>

I don't know why people think that's funny. It is for the first 3 days, then... Our captain really thought that was hilarious.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, that's only a cruel joke SWO's like to play on the chowdales. While the rack hounds...oops, I mean aviators are in their staterooms watching Groundhog Day.....day after day, the rest of the ship gets to watch the good movies. Of course, this is only true on small boys where SWO's run the show. Here on the CVN, where airdales are in charge, there is obviously little to no direction on proper movie showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.