• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question...

Steveo

i'm trying to become an officer, and after taking the astb I was asked if I've ever tried any drugs. I said no, but that isn't quite the truth. I also noticed the question on my application as well, and I'm planning on answering no to that as well. Now, I'm starting to get scared. I could pass a drug test as it's been a while since I've done anything, and I'm not a pot-head I just tried it in college, but I'm wondering if I should have answered truthfully to my recruiter's question? I didn't want to lie, but I didn't want to admit to something if it would rule me out as a candidate for OCS.

Any advice on how to handle this?

sarnav

Answer the question honestly. What happens down the line when another little lie pops up? Get in the habit of doing the right thing now or you will find your time short and unpleasant in the military. You made a mistake when you were younger, we all did (or most of us)-who cares-tell the truth and drive on, at least you wont be worrying if it will come back and bite you in the @ss.

Recidivist

Tell the truth. I revealed my few experiments with marijuana on my application and there were no problems. I think that you will find that all of the members of this forum treat honesty as the best policy, regardless of the question.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
It shouldn't rule you out as a candidate, lots of people have experimented and are now in the service.

You'll keep answering this question over and over during your career and I'd hate to think you'd be comfortable lying about it over and over again. Not only that, but if you were somehow found out later in your career the consequences could be severe.

Better to admit it now and have a clear conscience.

Byrdman

This is a question about use as well. I have used steroids but I truly didn't think they were illegal (go ahead and make of fun of me for being stupid). So I told the MEPS that I haven't used illegal drugs but I was reading a forum and then did some research and I am finding out they are. So my question is how do I handle this situation. I don't want to lie about anything but confused to how to handle this situation.