• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Exactly, Squid. I went to OCS four years ago. Actually started May 7, 2004 and graduated August 18th.

As far as when I'll get down to Pensacola again, well, that depends on how soon they can get a relief and/or if the XO will let me go without a face to face turnover. I just hope I get down there before I put on o-3.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
CONGRATULATIONS ROAD!!! I'm happy to hear you got what you wanted!!!

UncleFester

Hummer NFO To Be Reckoned With
Welcome to the light, brother! I expected to get a lot more crap for being an ex-shoe than I did. More, "oh you poor bastard" than anything. Just make sure you show up with brown shoes on.

hooyah199

What's your status?

Road,
Hey bro. How are things? I assume you've detached from your soon to be former life. Bring me up to date!!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats man! You'll find that the other things the aviators whine about you'll simply laugh at. Unfortunately, I learned that little lesson only after I became a SWO.

Road Program

None
Hooyah...Nope, haven't detached yet. I saw my relief's orders last week and she gets here in October, so it's looking like my command will let me go the last week of October. Now I need to talk to my surface detailer (who will be in town this week for visit...how convenient) to release me and make me available for orders.

Just to give me a final kick in the gonads, XO said I won't be getting house hunting from this command because I'm getting such a good deal by being allowed to leave before my PRD. Oh well...he'll be leaving in September, so maybe I can work some magic with the new XO.

hooyah199

LAST WEEK IN OCTOBER!?! WITH NO HH LEAVE? And they wonder why they're losing quality guys. You know you could just route it anyway and make the CO deny it, just so the XO has to explain himself. Well at least you've got the hard part outta the way.

Road Program

None
Yeah, I know. If I'm going to take it, I'll have to do it real soon because our u/w sked from mid Sep. to the end of October is crazy. I still don't have my orders yet, though, so I can't do anything about house hunting. Otherwise I guess I'll stay in the Q for a bit and look for a place to live while I'm in A-pool or stash or whatever they call it down there.

Any idea on places to avoid or to seek out?

Status
Not open for further replies.