• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm In !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike26

I just found out today that I was accepted for OCS with a pilot slot!! Pilot was my only choice and I got it on my first try. I waited almost 3 months to hear but like everyone else has said it is well worth the wait.
My stats are:
Test 54
Don't rember the PT score
GPA 3.6 Embry Riddle, Pro Aero
Active Duty Air Force, aircrew on a KC135

Mike26

My class date is not until 18 OCT 03, I wish I was leaving sooner but at least I am in. No complaints here.

ghost_ttu

Is there any special reason that your application took so long Mike? When did you submit your application?

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

jenolan

Mike
congrats on being selected.. 1 year wait time isn't bad.. my wait time is 14 months, got selected in June 2002 and won't ship off to OCS until aug 02, 2003.

Mike26

Originally posted by ghost_ttu
Is there any special reason that your application took so long Mike? When did you submit your application?

3 weeks after my package was summited I found out that the anwser sheet to my test was lost, I retook the test right away and sent it in a week later, and of course my old ones were found, but all that happend within the first month, I am not sure why it took another two months.

gsavy10

Congrats!! I just submitted my package yesterday and at least I know that they are still accepting pilot slots. Hopefully, it won't take three months.

ghost_ttu

gsavy did you get my post last week that there are only 46 slots nationwide now? Of course that number keeps moving, but it sucks when it is that low when your package is at the board.

gsavy10

Just out of curiosity, where is all of this information coming from? We all keep hearing rumors about 3.2 GPAs or a lot of flying experience is required, but is this just someone's thoughts? My recruiter has repeatedly told me not to worry about my GPA and that the minimum is still at 2.0. He said my GPA will hurt me a little, but my 58 ASTB will make up for it. I don't know what to believe, but I learned to accept the fact that I will probably be getting some bad news in a few weeks. I'm still optomistic, but also realistic. I'm going to keep on trying. What does the future look like? 46 slots? Is that the number of slots left for FY03? What about FY04

ghost_ttu

that is for FY04, and the minimum is 2.5, they are LOOKING for 3.2 they are LOOKING for AQR of 6 and PFAR of 7. And flight experience helps. Having said that, again those guys in Millington have a mind of their own....

Mike26

gsavy,
I did not have much flight experience, only about 12 hours in a 152, I think my job in the AF helped me and the fact that I am active duty. I was starting to become discouraged as well but everything worked out as I am sure it will with you

Status
Not open for further replies.