• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm being cheated I tell you, cheated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinquain

Banned
I mentioned in my last post that my recruiter said everything was ok as far as the security clearance and that I should be receiving my final select soon. Now a new problem arises, my final select letter apparently came in but according to my recruiter it needs to be signed from some higher ups in order for me swear in. I've gotten pro selected since August and now its november, is there any way I can take this issue into some other hands in order to get this process moving? What Can I do to make this happen? All this tideous waiting is me being cheated of money and time....

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've gotten pro selected since August and now its november, is there any way I can take this issue into some other hands in order to get this process moving?

Don't even think of taking the "issue into some other hands". Your OR is working your package and telling you what has to happen. This isn't like dealing with customer service in a retail operation.

What Can I do to make this happen?

You work with your OR/staff. This may not take much time at all.

All this tideous waiting is me being cheated of money and time....

You're NOT being "cheated" on any level. You should feel lucky you are fortunate enough to be given a seat on the ride of your life. Just chill.

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
There are plenty of us from August still waiting that would rather be sworn in and gearing up for OCS. Waiting is part of the process...

Cinquain

Banned
lol@You're NOT being "cheated" on any level. You should feel lucky you are fortunate enough to be given a seat on the ride of your life. Just chill.

Heyjoe you must be new to the navy, I did four years active duty in the navy as an engineer on a LHD and I could tell that I worked like a dog. Underway I would have rotations such as 18 hours on and 6 hours off. I study engineering at columbia university my friend, and the price tag on my shoulders is very heavy. I am in fact being cheated of money, even my OR said this. By the way, to get what you want in the navy, you must always find other routes in your chain of command when things are stagnating. So please... dont give me an emotional answer on how I should feel lucky. The navy is an employer just like other employers. Save that Joenavy stuff for someone else. I appreciate the navy but that's as far as it goes.

SWOHopeful

If your recruiter told you that the letter was generated you should be able to find out what "tentative" date you were given. That would at least give you a timeframe that you are leaving. There are known occurences of that date changing between the time you learn it and the letter coming in, but that is rather rare. Don't be too in a hurry to sware in because nothing really changes until you actually arrive in Newport as far as your status is concerned.

navy09

None
Heyjoe you must be new to the navy, I did four years active duty in the navy as an engineer on a LHD and I could tell that I worked like a dog.

He's a retired officer with like 20 yrs of service. You're making a fool of yourself.

SWOHopeful

Swohopeful, I am BDCP so my OR told me that my OCS date is May, 2011. The strange thing is that my academic completion clearly shows that I will not graduate till June 2011. Also, can you please elaborate by what you mean in these two statements " There are known occurences of that date changing between the time you learn it and the letter coming in, but that is rather rare. Don't be too in a hurry to sware in because nothing really changes until you actually arrive in Newport as far as your status is concerned." Thank you

My bad, you're BDCP so a lot actually changes for you then as that is when your pay is "suppose" to begin. Do a thread search for BDCP and you'll see that pay can take awhile to begin in some/few cases. As far as your date changing, then more than likely since you do not graduate until JUN 2011 then your date will more than likely change to JUL 2011. Your letter will more than likely be signed and out to your NRD before you realize it, just keep contact with your recruiter every few days or so.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Attitude Sinquain?

lol@You're NOT being "cheated" on any level. You should feel lucky you are fortunate enough to be given a seat on the ride of your life. Just chill.

Heyjoe you must be new to the navy, I did four years active duty in the navy as an engineer on a LHD and I could tell that I worked like a dog. Underway I would have rotations such as 18 hours on and 6 hours off. I study engineering at columbia university my friend, and the price tag on my shoulders is very heavy. I am in fact being cheated of money, even my OR said this. By the way, to get what you want in the navy, you must always find other routes in your chain of command when things are stagnating. So please... dont give me an emotional answer on how I should feel lucky. The navy is an employer just like other employers. Save that Joenavy stuff for someone else. I appreciate the navy but that's as far as it goes.

Attitude: You're not a REAL AirWarrior yet, why pretend? So you are a prior-E ... Great, that will help you in a way (I know, I was a prior PO2), but once you start OCS, you're no better/worse than any non-prior in your class.
The fact that you "appreciate the Navy but that's as far as it goes" sounds self-serving. Do you aspire to be a Naval Officer only for what YOU can get out of it? If so, you'll never cut it.:confused:

Research: When posting a sarcastic note on here to another member, you would be well advised to check their profile before pulling the trigger. Had you done that, you wouldn't have appeared sooo.... oooh, you get the point.:eek:
Officers need to communicate effectively. Poor spelling/grammar almost immediately turns off selection boards, i.e. tedious not "tideous"; swear not "sware"; navy should be Navy etc.

That said, on a lighter note... I thank you for your previous service & I wish you success in your new endeavor. If you make it through the program, you may come to love the Navy as we "lifers" do.:D
Any questions PM me OK?
BzB ex-ET2, AW Grey Eagle

blarged

ready

this reminds me of threads past: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149497&highlight=notquiteleet

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

You're coming off like a dirt bag in this post.

Have your OR contact me and I can tell him this directly. I'm sure he'd be interested in your shitty attitude and how you would like to circumvent him and how the process is cheating you from money you think you're entitled to.

Joenavy stuff? You're too cool for it. Just a job to you. I understand.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Heyjoe you must be new ... Save that Joenavy stuff for someone else. I appreciate the navy but that's as far as it goes....lol I find you guys very amusing. Weak minded individuals that will always think with their emotions and not with their brain. If bashing me online will sastify you people, feel free to do so.

Hey dipshit -- suggest you put a sock in it. Better yet -- if you're so fucking smart -- why come on here asking us for advice ??

You'd better square away, Sailor-man.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
lol I find you guys very amusing. Weak minded individuals that will always think with their emotions and not with their brain. If bashing me online will sastify you people, feel free to do so.

Hey Douchenozzle, you are giving the other prior-E's here a bad name with your lack of respect, tact, or intelligence. Why don't you step away from the keyboard, go to some shitty bar and get drunk for a while, and come back and post again later...maybe it will smarten up the posts a little...

If that doesn't work, maybe you should go to SailorBob for a while because with your attitude you will get crushed in the Aviation community...just a helpful hint...

Pickle

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

Not much to say other than what others have said. Lesson learned I suppose, know who you are talking to before you spout off. I hope you take this piece of humble pie and chew on it for while.

Status
Not open for further replies.