• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I'm a US citizen with a foreign degree ( Philippines).

Presto 228

Hey everyone!

I'm a 23 year old Filipino - American, born in the US but grew up in th Philippines. I have lived in the US for two years and did my middle school there but went back to the Philippines for High School and College. I'm currently in my final semester for my mechanical engineering degree here in the Philippines and I'm determined to become a Naval Flight Officer. I just have a few questions and concerns regarding my unique situation.

I'm concerned about my degree I am aware that I need to get an equivalency done, I have a 2.8 GPA in my previous semester. Is that considered competitive considering I have a foreign degree?

Another concern is the security clearance since I lived abroad most of my life, non citizen parents and a ton of foreign contacts. I am willing to renounce my filipino citizenship since I currently have a dual citizenship. Will renouncing help my application?

Lastly, is it possible to get started with my application from here in the Philippines by sending emails and contacting a recruiter on the phone. Would that work or is it better to start the application process in the mainland US?.

I'm sorry if I have a lot of questions I just really need some much needed guidance on this, thank you and happy new year!.

exNavyOffRec

You need to contact an Officer Recruiter, look up NTAG Los Angeles and get in contact with an OR there. Your degree will need to get evaluated but I do remember degrees from several Asian countries being difficult work with.

Due to testing and medical exams you will need to be in the US to do the application, yes some can be done remote but that part takes no time at all and if you don't test well, clear medical or have a positive evaluation on your degree there is no reason to do the other parts of the application.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone!

I'm a 23 year old Filipino - American, born in the US but grew up in th Philippines. I have lived in the US for two years and did my middle school there but went back to the Philippines for High School and College. I'm currently in my final semester for my mechanical engineering degree here in the Philippines and I'm determined to become a Naval Flight Officer. I just have a few questions and concerns regarding my unique situation.

I'm concerned about my degree I am aware that I need to get an equivalency done, I have a 2.8 GPA in my previous semester. Is that considered competitive considering I have a foreign degree?

Another concern is the security clearance since I lived abroad most of my life, non citizen parents and a ton of foreign contacts. I am willing to renounce my filipino citizenship since I currently have a dual citizenship. Will renouncing help my application?

Lastly, is it possible to get started with my application from here in the Philippines by sending emails and contacting a recruiter on the phone. Would that work or is it better to start the application process in the mainland US?.

I'm sorry if I have a lot of questions I just really need some much needed guidance on this, thank you and happy new year!.

You will need to find and work with an officer recruiter closest to you, either Guam or Hawaii.