• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS Query Former Students

FlyinRock

Curious to see how many current or former IFS students that have flown with me are on AW. Doing a casual survey looking for people who have winged, or where they are in training now. If you have, or know someone who has trained with me I'd like to hear from you and your progress.
Semper Fi
Rocky

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Hey Rocky,

Sorry for not dropping you an email; I'm terrible at keeping in touch. I completed primary a month ago, selected helos, and I'm on my way back to Milton for Advanced.

Xue(soloed March 9th 2008 in N84225)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
A few of my old roomattes from API trained with you, and they all had some great stories to tell from it :)

2 of them are now E2 NFO students @ VAW-120, one is in helo advanced @ Whiting, and one DOR'd following IFS and went SWO...he's on an FFG out of Norfolk now.

There is also a girl in my class here in Meridian (VT-7) who flew with you

FlyinRock

Now back with Flight Training in Mobile where I got into the IFS program. I was with Skywarrior in Bay Minette as a startup instructor and left after 14 months.

badger16

None
Flew with you at Bay Minette this last June/July. You were with me on my solo ride. Still one of the best moments of my life when you got out of the plane and let me go....Not because I was going to solo but because you wouldn't be able to kick the rudder peddles all over the place while I was on final! "YOUR FEET SHOULD BE LIKE MEXICAN JUMPING BEANS!!!"" :D
Glad to see you are back with the IFS program. Good luck in Mobile!

-Mitch

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Now back with Flight Training in Mobile where I got into the IFS program. I was with Skywarrior in Bay Minette as a startup instructor and left after 14 months.
I'll be in Mobile tomorrow for day 1 of ground school.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I saw an ERAU capstone project done a year or two ago about IFS and whether or not it helped in terms of weeding out undesirables or aiding in getting guys through. I should get a copy of it. I believe the end result was good for IFS according to his research. Of course I still see way crappy studs but the MPTS allows them continue on. Anyone know the attrition rate out of IFS?

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Just finished the academic portion of API. I'll be starting primary at Whiting in a few weeks, at least according to the gouge on current wait times.

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
Hey Rocky! Flew with you June/July 07 at FTM (Kye), bought the desert cover for your son. Almost through NFO advanced, just selected Hornets on Friday :icon_smil

DevilDog9782

I had one memorable (and scary :) ) flight with you back probably around fall of '06 at FTM. That school, and it's instructors, were top notch and definately good prep for what to expect at flight school. Currently, I'm a new FRS student (WSO) here in San Diego learning the Hornet. Thanks again for everything.

FlyinRock

Hey Rocky! Flew with you June/July 07 at FTM (Kye), bought the desert cover for your son. Almost through NFO advanced, just selected Hornets on Friday :icon_smil
Thanks for the cover again. He wears it when we spend much time outdoors. When he was about 18 mo old he pulled a hot cup of coffee over on himself and got burns on his face and ears. His ears are still very sensitive to sunburn and the hat works just perfectly for him. Besides, he likes to look like his Daddy when I wear my covers!
Best of luck with your career.
Semper Fi
Rocky