• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS Location

torpedo0126

shut-up.jpg

I don't think anyone was asking a new question?

ZahirM

I'll never forget taking off from the touchdown point... (pointed the way you wouldn't expect)

haha! I actually don't do that anymore :D.. I'm probably one of the biggest supporters of max runway t/offs now.. I guess I'm gettin old!

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Whatever. I know M Co sucks with all the broke bodies and silly rules but do it there not at PCola if you have a choice-- you will finish faster. And that is not a rumor as of 2008. You are already 6 months behind the navy guys because of TBS why get further behind?

FlyinRock

I can tell you from personal experience, having instructed for two of the schools of Pensacola based students, their average time has been consistent at between 5-6 weeks. FTM in Mobile, and SWI based at Bay Minette. These numbers are over a 4 year time frame and current.
Semper Fi
Rocky
BTW, FTM flies the newer better equipped aircraft.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Sucks that Eglin isn't still around. I did IFS in 18 days, including ground school.

And there were some who made it through even faster...

sanders

I have a TBS date of Oct 22. I heard sometimes pilot contracts show up to TBS and are given the option to be put in Mike and do IFS before TBS, and pick up with the next company, which I assume would be in January. Is this a possibility? Any advantages to doing IFS before TBS rather than after? Thanks

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
You may or may not have the "option" to "choose" between picking up with a TBS company or doing IFS first.

I know some Lts that were supposed to pick up with Bravo on 12/15/08 but got rolled to Mike. They asked for IFS right away but were told no at first. A couple of weeks later they were asked by staff if they still wanted to do IFS prior to picking up with Charlie. They knew finishing IFS in time to pick up with Charlie would be tight so some did and some didn't.

At least some of those who opted for IFS didn't pick up with Charlie and I think ended up with Delta. Charlie graduates Oct 1 and Delta graduates Nov 7th. The Delta guys that are IFS complete will still make it down to P'cola a couple of months earlier than the Charlie Lt's that have to hang around for winter time IFS.

Best thing to do is stay flexible and remember audentis fortuna juvet.

yodaears

pilot
I have a TBS date of Oct 22. I heard sometimes pilot contracts show up to TBS and are given the option to be put in Mike and do IFS before TBS, and pick up with the next company, which I assume would be in January. Is this a possibility? Any advantages to doing IFS before TBS rather than after? Thanks

I did IFS prior to TBS D Co 2007. It was nice to finish TBS and get the hell out of Qtown so i recommend doing it before TBS if you have any say in the matter (that's a BIG IF). When I got to Pcola in Jan. I waited four days before API but the wait time changes from month to month. I have yet to be in a pool while in flight school.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
It doesn't matter if IFS only takes 18 days at a certain school, or even 3 dyas. What matters is the total time including class-up-- and thats longer down south than north.

trkracer

Im currently in Charlie Co. We graduate the first of Oct. Does anyone know when the next IFS class picks up around here? How long does a "winter" IFS class usually take?