• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS for NFO is TRUE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integer

Banned
I don't want to get anybody's hopes up, but it seems this is true--there is now IFS training for NFO's as well as pilots. NFOs get thirteen and a half hours of piloting in the air (25 total hours if you count briefing/debriefing.)

NROTC, USNA NFOS will have to complete IFS within 65 days of enrollment. Most other NFOS will have to do this within 40 days of enrollment. This is before the pipeline starts!

ALL SNFO's will have to complete IFS! As for aspiring SNFOs who want to pay for their own pilot's license before the military, well they won't be eligible to take this free instruction...

You see, although the main site still says IFS is for pilots, they have a document dated June 19th, 2003, online.

It's the 2003 "NFO IFS" Syllabus!

https://www.ifs.cnet.navy.mil/ifstest/help/NFO-NIFS.pdf

BYSun

Douable wow, thanks for the post.

YEA!!!

Bryce

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

BYSun

Well, HUD,

This is a "New or revised" program as listed under the "publications" link ("instructions" sublink) on the CNATRA website.

The PDF document provided above specifically states that ALL NFOs will be requiried to take the "NIFS" program unless the individual already has experience (read PPL).

Basically, it appears to be a scaled down version of the program pilots are required to go through, which is understandable. Interestingly (now I'm taking a shot from the hip) part of the course is the official FAA ground school syllabus. Which, intutitivly, would suggest that if you wanted to, one day, get your PPL, should help you a heck 'o' lot. Plus, about 13 or 14 hours of flight time (compared with 24 for Pilots). Not bad, huh?

I just skimmed the PDF file and the website, but it looks like good news for all of us NFO hopefuls.

Still planning to do the Richard Gere to Pensacola (eg the motorcycle thing?)

Less then three and a half months to go... ~_^

BTW, how's the expectant mother? You would certainly tell us if you became a daddy, right?

Bryce

Integer

Banned
This is for upcoming SNFOs. This will affect ALL SNFOs. So, you might as well just read the whole thing. You'll have to later, anyway! If you really want to be an NFO, but you can't put effort into reading/scanning the document, I don't know what to tell you ;) Since you seem interested in this, I suspect you want to be an NFO or Pilot. I did all the hard work in finding the document, you just have to read it if you don't trust me! :)

BYSun

INTEGER,

If your last message is to me....relax, have some ice cream, get a massage
icon_smile_wink.gif
, you are a bit too tense
shake_125.gif
. I obviously am not challenging your assessment in any way. I was merely validating to Hudson my understandig of the document. Matter of fact is I greatly appreciate your gouge
thumbup_125.gif
. In case you missed it the first time, thanks again
jump_125.gif
. You see, I have no idea who you are
paperbag_125.gif
, so I am less likely to take your comments on faith alone, hence my review.

K? smile.
shades_125.gif

Bryce

Hudson

Integer,
I posed my question to Bryce for one reason only. He and I will be in the same OCS class together. I was not sure if this new information would apply to us with only three months to go or if it was for newly selected people. I have not heard any thing from my recruter about it and I have recently communicated with him. Also I couldn't get to the web site you posted. My computer doesn't like to do Pdf very often, but don't worry I will be sure to keep trying. You are an a$$.

Bryce,
No Baby yet, any day now. Probably not going to do the Motorcycle thing. I don't have much of a rear end as it is. If I rode out there on a bike I don't think I would have any thing left. I think I am going to fly out. Maybe I can hit you up for a ride to town when we get liberty.

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
Damn, I wish they had that when I went thru the pipeline. It would be nice to advance toward a PPL. FIGURES, my luck

Dupe

The Air Force has had NIFT for some time. In fact, we're doing away with it and having all of our Navs go and get their PPLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.