• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If you're planning on getting an engagement ring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey guys -

I recently went all-out and bought an engagement ring. For those of you who may be considering doing the same thing soon, you should check out Union Diamond. I was referred there by a friend and have had a really good experience buying from them. If you're afraid of buying such an expensive item over the internet - DON'T BE. This place is reputable. They're based in Atlanta, GA and have a showroom there. Forbe's Magazine called them one of the best kept secrets on the internet. You can browse around on the site and see some of the settings they have avalible, and then you can pick out your own center stone to match. If you don't see anything on their website that looks exactly like what you want (I didn't), they can custom design anything you want. I found a setting on the Tiffany's website that I liked. The specific one I wanted started out at $16,000. There was no way I'd ever be able to afford that! I sent the pictures of that ring in an email to my salesperson at Union Diamond - they made the exact same ring for a whole lot less than Tiffany's wanted. Granted, Tiffany's jewelry is expensive just because of their name, but still. I had the ring independently appriased and it's worth about $3,000-$4,000 more than what I paid for it :eek:. So if you guys are looking into making any life-changing decisions... check out this place before you go to the mall spend more money than you really need to. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

Reactions: bch

spidie

Applying for CEC, USMC
I grew up in old small town mountain country, in our version of cities up there there are some real little jewelers just family businesses. At least from my area the prices are really reasonable for high quality work and nice rocks. So if you want brave the hicks :) and make your way to a small area if they have a jeweler in town, and just brouse, get to know the people a little and take you time, besides might be a nice weekend thing with your darling, just loose here before you look for the ring. :)

kevin

"I recently went all-out and bought an engagement ring."

--do you have a girl to give it to? or you just bought an engagement ring?

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Since I'm the friend that recommended it to Ben, I'll throw in my recommendation too. My fiance had my ring custom made by Union Diamond based on a picture of what he wanted and it's perfect! So ditto everything Ben said - they do awesome work and have great prices.

I've also seen Ben's wife-to-be's ring and it is beautiful! :)

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Nope - As someone who has been researching wedding bands recently, Union Diamond prices are far better than Blue Nile's...

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kathy said:
Nope - As someone who has been researching wedding bands recently, Union Diamond prices are far better than Blue Nile's...

I thought that Blue Nile had a wider variety of things to choose from, but also higher prices. If you find something on Blue Nile's site that you like - Union Diamond will make it for you at a better price.

And Kevin - yes, I have a girl. Meet crysmc. She loves me and she loves the ring.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I second what Kathy said. Union Diamond is much more reasonable than any other site... even Bluenile. They're willing to work with you and meet all of your needs. Haha, I know I sound like an informercial right now, but Union Diamond is great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.