• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If 40% of Naval Aviation are helos, what percentage overall are helo pilots?

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
That is a really good question. Right now we are under COA 1, with all SNAs selecting Maritime will be sent to P3 squadrons through FY23 while currently qualified ACTC Level 300 and above Pilots in the Fleet are transitioned through the existing FIT syllabus based upon NAVPERs 1336 approvals. There is the option on the table for 1 of 42 initial Pilot cadre slots to go to recognized strong performing SNAs based upon VT former P3 instructor recommendation, but that could be a crapshoot when dealing with cross gradient rank structures.

John

Huh?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is a really good question. Right now we are under COA 1, with all SNAs selecting Maritime will be sent to P3 squadrons through FY23 while currently qualified ACTC Level 300 and above Pilots in the Fleet are transitioned through the existing FIT syllabus based upon NAVPERs 1336 approvals....could be a crapshoot when dealing with cross gradient rank structures.

John

Gee. I love that kind of talk!

abc_mchalesnavy.jpg

nugget61

pilot
I'm glad I'm not the only one completely lost by webmaster's post. Not that I trust any post on here with the number 42 in it anyway though.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Ok I feel this is the perfect time for me ask this question since I don't know all the inside AW jokes all the time: Can somebody tell me the source of the specific joke answer of 42%?

Please PM me if need be.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Ok I feel this is the perfect time for me ask this question since I don't know all the inside AW jokes all the time: Can somebody tell me the source of the specific joke answer of 42%?

Please PM me if need be.

42 is the universal answer.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
42 Reference: Douglass Adams "Life, the Universe, and Everything"

-ea6bflyr ;)

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
That is a really good question. Right now we are under COA 1, with all SNAs selecting Maritime will be sent to P3 squadrons through FY23 while currently qualified ACTC Level 300 and above Pilots in the Fleet are transitioned through the existing FIT syllabus based upon NAVPERs 1336 approvals. There is the option on the table for 1 of 42 initial Pilot cadre slots to go to recognized strong performing SNAs based upon VT former P3 instructor recommendation, but that could be a crapshoot when dealing with cross gradient rank structures.

John

John,

Agreed. As the IPP is adjusted inside the fence, crew/aircraft ratios are often left by the wayside. Admiral Harvey, and therefore the NAE , CNATRA (from N5), and the Human Performance shop have been studying the effects for years. Additionally, Global Warming's effect on the PPFs combined with FLE of training command platforms has introduced a new problem. The fleet seat backfill, slowed down by market conditions and the inherent instability of the dollar within the Chinese economy, has forced future budgets (POM FY15-27) to adjust for hyper-inflation and the inevitable weakening of the US Bond Market.

Basically....we're fucked.

Boyd

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
This is what O4s do for fun, ladies and gents.

No, the fun part is sitting in the murder board ranking you and knowing that as a wings + 8 guy your shitty FITREP will make you happy to be the TAO on your disassociated sea tour.

Now that shit is fun(ny).

IRfly

None

John

FY23? I thought that the transition was supposed to be complete by 2018.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, Jesus, come on guys...web-san's fucking with you by playing Buzzword Shotgun.

His way of telling you that there's no such thing as a straight answer to that question because there are a whole big fucking stack of variables and they're all buried in the upper reaches of CNAF, CNATRA, and VP heirarchies. Plus, the Navy never does anything simple, just on principle.

You want a simple answer? Go Maritime and stick around along enough, you'll eventually fly the P-8.

BOOM!

Well played.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
No, the fun part is sitting in the murder board ranking you and knowing that as a wings + 8 guy your shitty FITREP will make you happy to be the TAO on your disassociated sea tour.

Now that shit is fun(ny).

Sick burn.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
That is a really good question .... we are under COA 1.... all SNAs selecting Maritime... through FY23 while currently qualified ACTC Level 300 and above ... existing FIT syllabus based upon NAVPERs 1336 approvals.... option on the table for 1 of 42 initial Pilot cadre .... instructor recommendation ... but .... crapshoot when dealing with cross gradient rank structures.

John

O.K. ... if this guy ^ ... whomever he is .... doesn't make Admiral ... I WILL PUT A PISTOL IN MY MOUTH ... or someone else's mouth, just to make a point ... AND PULL THE TRIGGER !!! SEVERAL TIMES !!! EMPTY THE MAGAZINE !!! JUST TO STOP THE ATTACK !!!

IF WE HAD HAD 20 MEN LIKE THIS ^ ... WE COULD HAVE BURIED THE KREMLIN W/ PAPERWORK AND MORE BUREAUCRACY THAN THOSE COMMIE FUCKS COULD EVER DREAM UP IN A LENIN/TROTSKY WET DREAM ... !!!

Eat you heart out, Nikki ....

khrushchev_shoe1.jpg

THANK GOD FOR AMERICA !!! AND MEN LIKE THIS MR. 'WEBMASTER' ... even though we know that's probably a pen-name ...

Time for some squeezed limes .... and/or a nap. :sleep_125