• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I wish the Sox had lost.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Red Sox make campaign pitches
Boston bosses supporting Kerry; pitcher Schilling for Bush
Sunday, October 31, 2004 Posted: 6:09 PM EST (2309 GMT)

Red Sox owner John Henry, left, supports Sen. John Kerry, and pitcher Curt Schilling, right, has endorsed President Bush.

(CNN) -- Sen. John Kerry and President Bush called in baseball figures to pitch for their campaigns Sunday, looking to capitalize on the national pastime.

Fresh from a World Series victory, the Boston Red Sox management planned to endorse Kerry. Principal owner John Henry, co-owner Tom Werner and general manager Theo Epstein were scheduled to join the candidate Sunday at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire.

SFgirl

On the subject of sports... I heard that whenever the Redskins lose right before an election the incumbent loses... I hope that's not true!

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
As if the poor people of Florida haven't suffered enough...Only a few weeks
after the string of devastating hurricanes, Charley, Ivan, and Jeanne, The
National Weather Service has just announced yet another disastrous "ill
wind" approaching Florida. After Jeanne, comes Kerry. It is dangerous, and
highly unpredictable - first going one direction, then another.
They say your only protection will be to get behind a Bush.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
SFgirl said:
On the subject of sports... I heard that whenever the Redskins lose right before an election the incumbent loses... I hope that's not true!

The odd statistic, is that in the past 16 election years, If the redskins win their last home game before the election, the incumbent (party) wins, if they lose their last home game before the election, the incumbent loses. Strange but true.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
SFgirl said:

I've lived near DC most of my life and never heard that.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
You can't imagine how hard this past weekend was for me, as a Democrat and a Redskins fan. Not that we had much of a chance against Green Bay anyway, but I never like to root for my team to lose.

DCLegal

Rhino Pilot Wife
I live right outside DC and all I keep hearing on the news is about that strange coincidence about the Redskins performance and the elections. Since they lost, I am hoping that this year will prove that whole superstition wrong.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Well, two streaks have already gone down: The Sox losing streak and the Pats winning streak. I think it is time for the Skins "election-predicting" streak to break as well.

stevew

hey E5B! where have you been, you haven't posted in a while. Hope all is going well, IM me when you get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.