• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I want to fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

Hello. I am in my second year of college with a 3.30 gpa, and I will be applying for the 2 year NROTC program. My declared major is mechanical and aerospace engineering. Before I apply, I will have logged roughly 150-200 hours in a cessna-150. I will have completed about 100-150 hours of commounity service, I will be joining the water polo team, and will try to bring my gpa up higher. What else can I do to improve my chances of getting the NROTC scholorship, and how will all this work that I am doing right now affect my chances of being accepted into the aviation program? Also, do I get to pick what place I will fly? Someone please help me! Thankyou.

unfUSN

I'm not too sure about your college, but my brother's best friend got an NROTC scholarship at UF with a 2.6 GPA in Political Science.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Well as someone who just finished getting selected to be a pilot you are in great shape. I had a 3.0 and about 50 hours’ flight time and got picked. The fact of the matter is that you really don’t need flight experience but it does help. But all you need to do is just keep doing what you are doing and you should be fine.

Raptor2216

Thanks fr the input guys. I don't know much of the pilot limbo yet, so it annoys me when i can't figure out the abbreviations, but I will in a couple of years. Anyway, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.