• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I need help!!!!!

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just passing on a little info i picked up from the older, wiser members of the site. Most of your questions have been asked already, so use the search tool. Oh, and before you ask, 42% get jets ;)

vincentjus

The service with the most aircraft is the Army (or so I'm told.) So if you're interested in Chinooks, Black Hawks, Apaches or the OH-6 Cayuse then the Army is the way to go.
The Air Force has the best QOL (ie extra pay for living on an Army or Marine base) and the most fixed wing aircraft.

KState_Poke22

I have wanted to be a pilot as long as I can remember and i will be attending Oklahoma State in the fall to major in Professional Pilot but I am not looking forward to the years of low pay at a regional airline and I have always wanted to be in the Air Force, Coast Guard or the Navy as a pilot. I have two cousins and an uncle who were Navy Pilots and they all say Navy but i think that they are pretty biased sa if any of you have an answer to one of these questions it would be greatly appereciated

Who do I have the best chance of getting into UPT with if i do ROTC?

Who gets the most flight hours?

Who has the best Quality of Life?

Which is better for a future Commericial Pilot Career?

-thanks

I'm in AFROTC at Oklahoma State right now. We don't have NROTC here. You could still do the BDCP while in college if you wanted to go Navy though. Oklahoma has NROTC if you wanted to go the ROTC route for the Navy. (I don't see why anyone would want to go rot down in Norman for 4 years though...:D)

I have a friend in NROTC at Oklahoma so if you have any questions about AFROTC here or NROTC just message me, I'd be happy to answer them.

dmsmall13

The Navy has more planes than the air force and remember only one percent of the air force flies. Plus the Navy needs pilots, the air force doesn't. In fact the air force is depleting their forces. There ar emore options in the Navy for flying, fighters, helo's. If its afterwards adn you really want to fly commercial, remember the P-8 thats coming out soon is a BOeing 737, how more setup could you get?