• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I flew my first Solo today!

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Were you a pilot or NFO? There are NFO wings under your name.

Ruffled some feathers the other day... tried to get some wings on my avatar, double anchor I got. Request for fix is in. Accident? I hope not, it was a good shot.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
On my second solo cross country I got lost right on top of the Mansfield VOR. What a dumbass I was back then, but it is a good thing that we learn from our mistakes.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
N5150D on July 27th last year out of Destin. I did some bounces with the IP, and after the third he says drop me off here near the golf cart. Three Stop and Go's later, I'd solo'd my first plane. 172s seemed so badass when you were by yourself and didn't have anything else to reference. Lotta fun.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
First IFS solo and first T-45 solo, no drama, nothing to report. First Turbowiener solo went fine until between the initial and the break.

"303 Solo, initial runway 7 for the break." KER-CHUNK! I'm a small guy with long legs who had to crank the seat almost all the way up to fly the damn thing, so I suddenly wonder why my nose is level with both my kneecaps and the HSI. Aha! Because the seat latch broke and I'm now sitting on the floor. Make the call to depart the course rules so I can find some clear airspace and fix this. RDO politely requests I delta overhead instead. I had to brace against the rudder pedals, do a squat and add just a touch of forward stick to get the seat to lock in something resembling an acceptable position.

I landed, taxiied back, and shut down. When I got in the lineshack, some smartass B-52 type IP told me it would've been easier to get the seat back if I'd just rolled inverted.

Cougar_62

Just another frustrated observer.
March 19th, 1978. My 16th birthday. C-150, N9414U. Still remember it like it was yesterday, 30 years later.

Got my driver's license later that week.

foampositz

livin' life
pilot
I flew my first solo in N61814 during IFS in Milton on Jan 29, 2008. I did the 3 full stops with the instructor and 3 full stops solo. I remember on the first one I bounced 2 or 3 times... and he came over the radio and said "Not bad, but still only counts as 1 landing"

Just had my first solo in the T-34 on Weds. Saying 'Boomer 843, Solo' was definitely a good feeling. Exciting but uneventful. Looking forward to the PA solos!

the moral of the story---GO SINGLE SEATERS!!!

This reminds me of an old VFA / VF O'club battle. VFA squadron made an anniversary patch and cruise table that they ended up putting in O'Club and the battles and ransom that followed was interesting. That squadron pissed a lot of people off. But I believe the history behind the patch was squadron had made the VA to VFA transition and been single seat for entire squadron history. Never less was interesting year. Squadron memorabilia heisted and almost got to point JAG had to step in.

Moral of the story? Those 1310/1320 squadrons have numbers. Together a pack of hyenas can take down a lion. :D

Attachments

• vfa13120th.JPG
    vfa13120th.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 105

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Cessna 172 in Knoxville, TN N52434. Never flown at night before. My instructor failed to realize this, and as we're taxiing back after an hour of instruction he says, "I'm gonna hop out here and get some fresh air, why don't you take it around the pattern a few times." So, as the sun set I did my three touch and go's. It's amazing, the thing gains 50hp when the instructor gets out.

jazzdude

I guess its not technically my "first solo" in an airplane, but flew my first solo in a military aircraft today.
22 Aug 08, T-34C out of Whiting. :)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I guess its not technically my "first solo" in an airplane, but flew my first solo in a military aircraft today.
22 Aug 08, T-34C out of Whiting. :)

A good day, your first military solo and my B-day. I day to remember :)

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
Ha

That is not a solo.:D

Well, the Army calls it a solo when the knucklehead beside you knows nothing more than you do in the bird.

Solo'd the R-22 in Austin TX in 2003. Got reamed by the IP for flying it like I stole it around the trees and outline of his private airfield. He was a good guy.

How bout this, solo'd in the 172SP in 2006 a month and half before deploying, 1st Solo was awesome, a one page checklist and nobody else in the a/c was very cool. flying The R-22, the 206, the ASTAR, the Cessna, the Piper, and the Allegro LSA are all theraputic compared to flying The Apache until you fly it every day for 15 months. Now I can do it with both eyes closed, blind cockpit.

Hope that qualifies!:D

Have a good one.

CRA