• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Huckabee vs. Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Iowa doesn't decide the candidates, let's wait until after New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hillary lost, that's about all I'm really concerned about. And came in 3rd! Even better!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
McCain's my guy, but if he's not in the general election, I could vote for Obama. I don't necessarily agree with Obama's policy ideas, but I think he's an honest, open-minded guy and it'd be good for the country and the government to be shaken up a bit by someone young and new to the game.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
McCain's my guy, but if he's not in the general election, I could vote for Obama. I don't necessarily agree with Obama's policy ideas, but I think he's an honest, open-minded guy and it'd be good for the country and the government to be shaken up a bit by someone young and new to the game.
Because with a resurgent revanchist Russian foreign policy, a tense and tentative political environment in nuclear weapon wielding Pakistan, unprecedented Arab-American commitments and dialog in the middle east, and a delicate economic situation wrt China's growing status, what the world needs most right now is uncertainty and shakeup in the, lets face it, only guarantor of world stability... Hussein would be disastrous for the world.

John McCain 08 - He has killed billions in pork barrel spending, and he has the foreign policy experience.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As I said, McCain's my guy. He has a very rare combination of a vast amount of experience and knowledge of how the Washington system works, but has somehow managed to keep from being corroded by the game. He's pissed off plenty of party hacks from both sides, and that's a good endorsement as far as I'm concerned.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I think Obama is a great candidate with his extensive experience as a politician/public figure. Oh wait....

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, if you go by "experience" and time in Washington, Hillary's a better candidate than Obama.

Plenty of presidents assumed the office without much time in Washington or even much time in office, including JFK and Lincoln. Character counts for more than years inside the Beltway.

phrogpilot73

I don't know that Hilary getting the nod from the Democratic Party is necessarily an automatic win for the GOP. She has two things going for her: The Clinton name, and the fact that she is more moderate than Bill. Combine that with the fact that she can showcase that she has the lowest missed votes on the floor of the Senate of the current candidates, and she could actually win the general election.

I saw Mike Huckabee on Fox & Friends this morning, and the way he was talking about McCain, I wouldn't be surprised if McCain turned out to be his running mate. Provided of course, that he gets the GOP nomination.

After doing much research, I know who I'm voting for. Of course, since I'm voting in the PDRM a vote for a Republican is like a vote for the president of Pakistan. It doesn't matter.

banner_mikehuckabee.gif

Nose

pilot
... I could vote for Obama. I don't necessarily agree with Obama's policy ideas, but I think he's an honest, open-minded guy and it'd be good for the country and the government to be shaken up a bit by someone young and new to the game.

That sounds familiar, I think I heard it when that young "outsider" peanut farmer was running.

How did that work out?

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
I don't know that Hilary getting the nod from the Democratic Party is necessarily an automatic win for the GOP. She has two things going for her: The Clinton name, and the fact that she is more moderate than Bill. Combine that with the fact that she can showcase that she has the lowest missed votes on the floor of the Senate of the current candidates, and she could actually win the general election.

I saw Mike Huckabee on Fox & Friends this morning, and the way he was talking about McCain, I wouldn't be surprised if McCain turned out to be his running mate. Provided of course, that he gets the GOP nomination.

After doing much research, I know who I'm voting for. Of course, since I'm voting in the PDRM a vote for a Republican is like a vote for the president of Pakistan. It doesn't matter.

banner_mikehuckabee.gif

+1/2

You've almost got it right. I think it'll be McCain - Huckabee but I'd vote for either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.