• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to succeed at navy ocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Who said I didn't? I got a good high on my in-PFA... That, however, is far more rare than it is common.

Day after grueling day, I told a lot of my classmates while I was at OCS - and they agreed - that as soon as we commissioned, we would come back to all of the major gouge websites (here and USNavyOCS.com) and set the record straight.

That is, I spent almost 2 years reading gouge on both of these sites and I came to the realization while at OCS that I was no more prepared upon my arrival than was my roommate who literally went into OCS blind.

You were the one who said it. Your post sounds like you were a lost little boy in OCS and were coming back to tell people everything you discovered. Christ - all you need to do is know how to run (covered in every single post about OCS). That's it. So besides that shockingly new piece of information - what exactly did your post offer?

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
There's nothing wrong with pissing yourself in ocs... so long as it's not in fright, but rather because they made you drank 4 cups of water in the chow hall and run around outside for 3 hours without a piss break...

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
You were the one who said it. Your post sounds like you were a lost little boy in OCS and were coming back to tell people everything you discovered. Christ - all you need to do is know how to run (covered in every single post about OCS). That's it. So besides that shockingly new piece of information - what exactly did your post offer?

He's just the most recent person to tell future Indoctrination Candidates to GET IN SHAPE.
Nothing wrong with that. Kinda reassuring/motivating for some, probably.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO

I'm posting the exact same post that I have discussed posting with multiple OCS grads on this site ad nauseum because we all agree that the gouge getting posted now is either antiquated or inevitably leads to newbies coming into the thread and splitting hairs about stuff that doesn't concern them yet/shouldn't be of any concern to them *before* they even show up.

When did you go through OCS?

I'm *primarily* telling people this not because I just got done going through it an am bringing anything new to the table per se, but rather because the entire program is changing so very, very few people on this site will be able to give accurate gouge other than what I've *just* posted right now. The entire program is re-structuring and quite a bit of what I see continually being posted literally no longer applies to this program.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
When did you go through OCS?

so very, very few people on this site will be able to give accurate gouge other than what I've *just* posted right now.

I finished in Jan '04. But nothing you posted is different than what anybody else has said. That was my point. You said to be mentally and physically prepared. That's not news. What else did you post that was worth anything besides that? What do you hope people will get out of it?

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I would have to agree that this post brings nothing to the table that hasn't been brought in the many previous OCS threads. And I just went through in 08.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
He's just the most recent person to tell future Indoctrination Candidates to GET IN SHAPE.
Nothing wrong with that. Kinda reassuring/motivating for some, probably.

That and the mental thing. All my buddies said coming out of OCS NASP and newport agreed with the Idea that OCS is 90% motivation.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
If anything, I'm trying to drive home the point that prospective candidates on this site needen't fret over nuances such as the structure of the rank structure gouge they're memorizing. They just need to focus on getting in shape and mentally prepping themselves because clearly there are many, many people showing up to OCS right now who aren't doing that.

Again, I say this in light of what I've seen transpire with the last three classes of indocs, as each class has seemingly been worse off than the other. I think it's partially coincidence, partially dude to the weather getting colder and people being less apt to PT, and also because people are getting out-dated gouge on both AW/USNavyOCS.com. Not saying I gave "updated" gouge, I was just driving home the point that they needn't focus on minutae at the moment because the program is in the middle of restructuring and very little evolution-specific gouge given on either of these sites at the moment is applicable or relevant anymore.

Now do you see why I posted?

Reactions: m26

BigRed389

None
If anything, I'm trying to drive home the point that prospective candidates on this site needen't fret over nuances such as the structure of the rank structure gouge they're memorizing. They just need to focus on getting in shape and mentally prepping themselves because clearly there are many, many people showing up to OCS right now who aren't doing that.

Again, I say this in light of what I've seen transpire with the last three classes of indocs, as each class has seemingly been worse off than the other. I think it's partially coincidence, partially dude to the weather getting colder and people being less apt to PT, and also because people are getting out-dated gouge on both AW/USNavyOCS.com. Not saying I gave "updated" gouge, I was just driving home the point that they needn't focus on minutae at the moment because the program is in the middle of restructuring and very little evolution-specific gouge given on either of these sites at the moment is applicable or relevant anymore.

While you're enthusiasm and initiative in ensuring the future success of OCS is commendable...it's really not worth sweating. There are people whose jobs are to track this kind of shit. If there truly is a trend, Big Navy will notice and come up with a "response" as it sees appropriate.

I do agree that the minutiae are not worth mentioning or worrying about though.

OCS is really not that bad...and if you can't hack PT when you get there, as long as you don't quit, they will MAKE you capable of PT. That said, keeping with the fact that things always change, there may come a point when the Navy starts taking more candidates than it needs and has no problem punting people who show up out of standards either.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor

No. Not really. Besides the fact that you somehow think you're special for getting through OCS, how did you put it, "day after grueling day". Well congratulations if that's what you were looking to hear.

This post is completely stupid. And I can't believe I keep responding. But I can't help it. That fact that you're so pompous thinking that you're helping the masses by saying "get in shape" when you're bragging about a good-high PRT. Get real. Almost every person on this board has something far more substantial to brag about and you don't see them doing it. Get over yourself.

Not saying I gave "updated" gouge.

I told a lot of my classmates while I was at OCS - and they agreed - that as soon as we commissioned, we would come back to all of the major gouge websites (here and USNavyOCS.com) and set the record straight.

Just sayin....your posts speak for themselves. I can't even read your original without wanting to beat you.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
How to succeed at Navy OCS: Don't quit.

Same as it was 5, 10, 20, whatever ... years ago. It's good that you re-affirmed this tidbit of advice after all the "changes," but that's really what it boils down to.

Congrats on commissioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.