• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How To Lose Your Command

swerdna

None
Contributor
Not sure if this was posted on AW before or not, I haven't seen it.

This kind of stuff gives me nightmares...

BTW, the translation is German Navy Crash/Accident.

jdflyer09

Seen it on youtube.
Note: They are blasting the Austin Powers theme song at the end of the video...
Hilarious

Lawman

None
Type 143A Gepard class Fast attack Craft

391 Ton displacement

I wonder whose brilliant idea this was.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess when you are unwilling to do any real fighting in Afghanistan your military has to get it's adrenaline fix somehow.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Type 143A Gepard class Fast attack Craft

391 Ton displacement

I wonder whose brilliant idea this was.

Using the old grading system, +1 for comms (the theme music), UNSAT for shiphandling, and UNSAT for SA = net -3 below overall :)

I remember similar shiphandling (minus the paint exchange) by some German corvettes playing OPFOR during a NATO short cruise a few years ago. They seemed to be driving them like motorboats. It was fun for us to watch from the flight deck but it made our SWOs, ah, a little nervous (something about another vessel disappearing from view of the bridge under your own bow). It seemed to get the NATO Admiral's attention enough to send a special "non-exercise" safety message too...

Huggy Bear

pilot
I understand how we aviators occasionally trade paint, but how the hell do SWOs do it? "Oh my god! Impact is imminent, we only have 20 seconds!"