• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to get PRK on active duty

Beefalo

How does the process work? I asked my CoC and pretty much the feeling I got was I would have to go down to medical and ask or go the naval hospital (bremerton) and ask. I went down to medical which is a bad idea during sick call and the duty corpman did not have a clue what I was talking about. I read a message a few months back ago on deployment on the POD about Naval Hospital Bremerton offering it. One of the preqeqs was -7.00 refraction or below I am at -.7.75 so I am most interested in whether a waiver is possible or not.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How does the process work? I asked my CoC and pretty much the feeling I got was I would have to go down to medical and ask or go the naval hospital (bremerton) and ask. I went down to medical which is a bad idea during sick call and the duty corpman did not have a clue what I was talking about. I read a message a few months back ago on deployment on the POD about Naval Hospital Bremerton offering it. One of the preqeqs was -7.00 refraction or below I am at -.7.75 so I am most interested in whether a waiver is possible or not.

This is the procedure for Os, so I don't know if there are any differences for you, but it will get you pointed in the right direction. You need to get a photo-refractive surgery form (ask the guys at optometry at medical) and have it filled out and signed by your CO. You'll then make an appointment with the ophthalmologist for a photo-refractive surgery consult and bring the form with you. They will examine you to determine if you meet the criteria for the procedure. If you're approved, you'll be put on the waiting list for a surgery date.

Brett

Beefalo

Ok great thanks. I talked to an AO1 who is doing it and he said go down to medical and they will set you up an appointment at the Naval hospital.

C-40CC

TRASH HAULER FOR LIFE!
I got it done last year at the Naval hosp, the results are awesome, they did a great job. I can see better now than when i did with glasses.