• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How Often do Naval Aviators Fly?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Roughly same. Granted I'm in the middle of level III right now, but I'd say that is about average since I've been in the fleet. I fly just about every day of each work week. Pretty much a requirement to make the schedule happen in a single seat chuck squadron (with a couple less jos than E's and significantly less pilot jos than an F squadron)

How many JOs do y'all have?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
In theory, I could have gone to a flying tour post DH, but it would have brought any career progression to a screeching halt. Shortly after a DH tour, you are up for O-5 & Command. The board assumes you have the flying thing down and need to see a broader officer, you have to show Big Navy that you can do more than just fly. Those boards value things such as Staff Tours, Joint Duty, JPME, Masters, etc. It pained me greatly to leave flying for a tour, but hopefully it will turn out to be a beneficial decision. No matter the outcome of the boards, I hope to get back into the cockpit again. Otherwise, I have my ATP and will move on. After reaching my 20 years of service.