• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many Natops does a Natops pilot Q...

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
VP NATOPS tests are an exercise in analness. We do so much to make our lives miserable, but I think this is one of the most miserable things we do. One day it will all be done on computer though...or at least that's what they keep telling us....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Damn you Stinky!

gatordev said:
I don't know, I remember talking w/ John one day as he was studying for his quarterly NATOPS test. <shudder>
That was indeed one of the quarterly tests, but unfortunately, it was also coupled with my annual, so I had to take the "special" sit by yourself test, while the rest of the squadron is blazing away on theirs. And I can thank Stinkster for that ****ty test in particular.... ah the K-Bay BOQ rec room, all the windows open, beautiful day outside, and you are stuck there crunching numbers while the rest of the squadron is at the bar/beach/Dukes.....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
PropStop said:
One day it will all be done on computer though...or at least that's what they keep telling us....
When MMA comes out....

Seriously, I recall right as I left the squadron, we were working the test on computer, but that could just have been the quarterlies.... yech, I have brain dumped too much, the FRS is going to be painful again... :(

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We had a weekly bold face NATOPS written exam. Also a bold face required after non flying in 7 days.
Full blown NATOPS exams and sims once a year.
r/
G

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Schnugg said:
We had a weekly bold face NATOPS written exam. Also a bold face required after non flying in 7 days.
Full blown NATOPS exams and sims once a year.
r/
G
Yeah, we had informal weeklies at our monday morning AOMs. It would be interesting to do a cross-platform comparison of bold-faced EPs. My bet is that our beloved Grumman products would take the cake, although I know that there's a lot to go wrong on the VP side as well.

Brett