• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many Aggies we got on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotorhead

Gig 'em! Class of 1990.

Just remember when you read the posts from the insecure idiots; we fear what we don't understand. If they had half as much pride about their own school, maybe they would understand. Instead all they can do is lash out and make fun of a tragedy that took the lives of our fellow Ags. Real mature.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I see...
when we make fun of Aggies, it's "insecure idiots with no pride lashing out and making fun of tragedy" but when Aggies poke fun at other schools, it's "you just wouldn't understand because we have school pride." Riiiiiiiight.

Lighten up Francis. It's always been a friendly rivalry in my opinion, but A&M always seems to take it a little serious. Maybe it's the fact that at Texas, we just don't pay much attention to a school we've wailed on for several years in a row ;) OU's our main rival these days. A&M is just the 'traditional rival' or somesuch.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sabre170 said:
Does any of you Aggies skydive at Aggies Over Texas (AOT)?

Never done that, but if it's the group that goes up over Coulter Field, I hear about them all the time. ATIS usually has something like "caution, skydiving near Coulter Field up to 14,000 ft." I've yet to see anyone falling through the sky, but I always keep my eyes open...

Sabre170

None
Ben,
I am not sure which airfield AOT uses but its always good to adhear to the warrnings of skydivers in the area. Here is a clip of a guy opening at 4000' and when he turns to look a plane flies by. This happened in Colorado when the planes were helping to put out the forest fires. You will have to Unzip this file since I can't upload Mpeg format.

Attachments

• Bomberflyby[1].zip
    528.1 KB · Views: 60

Sabre170

None
The video looks as if the plane is not too close, but remember the skydiver just opened and most main chutes take about 600'-1000' to open so at one point they were almost next to eachother. The scary thing is the plane was told he was flying through skydiving airspace, and skydivers were in the air.

ghost_ttu

Rotorhead,

I do agree with you on this one, I did not agree with the post that made mention to that tragedy. I can still remember the day that I went to work, how horrible I felt, and wanting to do what I could for my aggie friends. Fun is fun, but bad juju to trample on graves. I respected Texas that year for their performance during half time.

Go Tech

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Hey Sabre... If you're ever in the DC Metro area, get ahold of me. We have a nice DZ with a King Air that can get us to 15 in 7 and a half. Our school club gets pretty good deals for up-jumpers.

P_Durnin

Just wanted to give a shout out to all of you fellow ags out there. Going to OCS in October, and am looking forward to getting my sorry a$$ into the cockpit as soon as possible. One question to all of you old ags out there. What's the biggest piece of advice I need to take with me going into OCS?

Gig Em
Class of '03

Status
Not open for further replies.