• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many Aggies we got on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

contrail_dash

Just curious to see how many fellow Ags are goin' through this process as well.

I already graduated, May 03. Applied once...broke arm...had surgery..didnt get selected. I'm currently holding on to my second application...I have another military flying opportunity in the works....not only a guaranteed flying slot if I get in...but a fighter slot at that! Find out at the end of the summer....man I can't wait that long.

Gig 'Em Ags!

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm in my last semester down here - can't wait to get out. I know there's several other Ags running around the forum, a lot more than there used to be.

What the heck is this "other opportunity" you speak of?

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
squeeze, if I would have known you were a tea sip at t.u. I would have never asked for that sim. And ghost, let me know when you boys at Tortilla Tech get recognized as a real college. :0

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '04

ghost_ttu

I'm confused, is Tech a real school? Or does A&M suck so bad that they continuously lose to a no name school? Doesn't matter, both schools give that piece of paper required to commission, which is the ticket to the cockpit, which I'm rather fond of.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since this will inevitably lead to a football rivalry discussion, being an Aggie, do you REALLY want to bring that up?

I mean, I know ya'll all walk around like you're some super Army guys in your gay boots and whatnot, and you have the Chicken to party at, but really...what is it about B/CS that is so much "better" than Austin? Burning crosses and collapsing log structures notwithstanding. :)

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Somehow I knew this would end up full of anti-A&M posts...

contrail_dash

What the heck is this "other opportunity" you speak of?

meviper.jpg

Yeah...thats an F-16.

Somehow I knew this would end up full of anti-A&M posts...

Yeah I kinda knew that..but hey its all good fun.

angelj

Hey,
Thanks for the post!! I was also wondering how many other Aggies we had on this forum. I graduated in '03 as well, and am waiting to hear back after submitting my final documents. What guard unit are you applying for? Houston? There is an Ag running around here who works for the Houston guard.

contrail_dash

The squadron at Ellington is looking for IP's right now...no UPT slots are open there. I'm focusing on the 120th up here in Denver..spent last weekend with them..."warrior night" was lots of fun...up there with ANY party I went to in college. I'm going back again..but they are deploying "somewhere" for a few months. There's several other F-16 squadrons that have UPT slots open as well...looking into them also. Its going to be way hard...they said usually about 200-300 people apply...

..for one slot.

So I still have my Navy package ready to go.

contrail_dash

Oh yeah...and I'm not applying for the UPT slot..I'm "rushing/pledging" for it according to the pilots. Interview counts for about 90% of selection. Totally different from what I've dealt with my Navy stuff...and AFROTC stuff prior to that.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
WOW, ANG sounds pretty cool. But it's part-time, right? Do you still get the same benefits like BAH, medical insurance, and retirement? Tell me more...

Status
Not open for further replies.