• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many 5-year-olds can you take out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

michaels601 said:
this takes some thought, guys. in highschool i worked at a daycare/nursery school with five year olds, and they can be little bastards.

one time a kid asked me to pick up her toy, and when i bent over to get it, a half dozen of them jumped on me and pulled me down to the ground. they had the whole thing planned out. granted, i wasn't allowed to start taking them out, but you'd be surprised how fast they can climb on you.

something else to consider- the average forehead of a five year old is crotch height (for most of us). i saw more than a handful of my buddies take a full speed forehead to the crotch, sans-protection or even any warning. ...couple of times, they almost DID start taking the little fvuckers out.

Did you reveal this to your OSO? Perhaps the Marine Corps (or any unformed service...including the Girl Scouts) is not for you :D

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Midgets would be a lot more challenging than five year olds of the same size, since they'd be much more capable of coordinating their attack. That, I think is the real variable in all of this. A bunch of disorganized kids, you could just run around taking them out one by one until you got tired. But, with some coordination, a few of them could get a hold of your legs right away and you'd go down pretty quickly. Now, supposing you were one of the martial arts experts mentioned and you had a day to teach a bunch of kids how to take down a full-sized adult, how would you do it?

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
esday1 said:
Midgets would be a lot more challenging than five year olds of the same size, since they'd be much more capable of coordinating their attack.

1) I agree. I'd like to revise my previous post to reflect that if it were midgets, only stack them one high.

2) I wonder, what are their chances??

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
As a childcare teacher, I can tell you that five year olds are quite capable of working together. And, can be very fierce. I think some of you are under estimating the damage they can do.

Granted, I'm all of 5'2" and "JUST a girl", but I know that I wouldn't be able to take all that many out. Pick up and toss a couple - yes, pick up and toss one while others are trying to get at me... probably not. I know I'm not as strong - and I have a thing for kids - so, I'd be totally against hurting them.... but think about it....

Several three and a half footers, at about 45-50 pounds each - having a little training and being able to communicate with each other, all with one goal...

It'd be SO much easier with a baseball bat...

But 5yr old kids? Come on, they're tiny. It'd be like practicing being a kicker. Punt, punt, punt.
Bonus points if you combo the punts.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
You get a cup; just run around until they get tired and have your way with them... umm, well, no, not that way with them.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jenmarie said:
As a childcare teacher, I can tell you that five year olds are quite capable of working together. And, can be very fierce. I think some of you are under estimating the damage they can do.

Granted, I'm all of 5'2" and "JUST a girl", but I know that I wouldn't be able to take all that many out. Pick up and toss a couple - yes, pick up and toss one while others are trying to get at me... probably not. I know I'm not as strong - and I have a thing for kids - so, I'd be totally against hurting them.... but think about it....

Several three and a half footers, at about 45-50 pounds each - having a little training and being able to communicate with each other, all with one goal...

Children have much more an aversion to pain than adults though. What I mean is, we will knowingly do something that would cause pain, if we decide it is worth it. We can be trained to ignore it. That's an advantage for us.

Punch a 5 year old in the face and he's down for the fight.

Jesus, am I really talking about this?

Benson

Come on your an adult you can run faster than they can . . . just run around and around and stiff arm any that get in your way until they get tired. then it is nap time for the five year olds . . . then taking out the kids is easy. Like someone pointed out above they probably wont be able to coordiante an effective defensive posture they will just run around behind you like its tag. I think it would be fun . . . as long as the kids didnt get seriously hurt.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Benson said:
Come on your an adult you can run faster than they can . . . just run around and around and stiff arm any that get in your way until they get tired. then it is nap time for the five year olds . . . then taking out the kids is easy. Like someone pointed out above they probably wont be able to coordiante an effective defensive posture they will just run around behind you like its tag. I think it would be fun . . . as long as the kids didnt get seriously hurt.

The only way to take someone out is to seriously injure or kill them. Come on man, this isn't a game!!! :icon_tong

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
This was a trick question. The first step is always to ORM.

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
5-year olds don't get tired, at least that's been my experience whenever I play with them. It's always "again", "again", "again", and so on. Eventually, I get tired and then they start pouting that I'm no fun anymore, and go fine someone else to tire out. Granted, I'm not trying to hurt the cute little rug-rats...

KBayDog

Psychological warfare: Tell them that Barney/Pokemon/Spongebob/Santa/Easter Bunny is dead.

Then, when they start sobbing/crying, SWEEP AND STOMP!

Status
Not open for further replies.