• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long is primary taking you???

butterbar201

Hey all,

Anyone know currently how long folks are staying in the program for? My CO of VT-3 said when we checked in that he's shooting for 31 weeks. I'm right now on PA's on week 13 and its looking like I could be done in a month or so. Am I dreaming? I still have Forms and RI's and Night Contacts and the like. How much longer you think I'll be here for?

Thanks

jpmizzou

pilot
Sorry to burst your bubble man, but there's no way you can get through those three blocks in a month. I just finished here in Corpus and it took me from mid-March til end of May to finish those three blocks. You can in theory finish forms in a week and a half, depending on weather. RI's will take you at least 4-5 weeks between ground school, sims, and flights. So my guess would be 7-9 weeks. Good luck finishing

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jpmizzou said:
Sorry to burst your bubble man, but there's no way you can get through those three blocks in a month. I just finished here in Corpus and it took me from mid-March til end of May to finish those three blocks. You can in theory finish forms in a week and a half, depending on weather. RI's will take you at least 4-5 weeks between ground school, sims, and flights. So my guess would be 7-9 weeks. Good luck finishing

Is Corpus still teh sux for completing on time? I remember when I went through Primary, Whiting guys took about 6-7 months and Corpus guys took about 8-9.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Hit hard by WX in April, bunch of standby...bad timing (Christmas) etc

Oh well, we all have our delays. I actually finished Primary and Advanced on time, on track. The problem was the 7 month wait in-between...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
When I was in NFO training, it took 13 months from API to get to the squadron...quick track then, I guess I am getting my comeuppance

Amazing...

I'm still amazed when I see an Ensign get pilot wings these days. More amazed if they can go through the jet pipeline as an Ensign... hardly ever see that.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Took me 7 months... including christmas break, med down for a week and a half, and a few canx weather days... oh yeah and those 6 weeks to get through BIs... 2 weeks of waiting to start, 2 weeks to get the sims done, 2 weeks to get the flights done. Overall my class was behind due to backups in the sims early on.

midhusker

Discovering my inner nerd-ness
I started at the tail end of June of last year and finished a week shy of Halloween. All in all around 4 months or so. I was in vt-28. And I was not on the accelerated program. Never had a weather cancellation. The weather was the same everyday for the whole 4 months: 99 degrees, 80% humidity, wind 130@15. In fact, I had never taken off from a runway other than the 13's or had a weather cancellation until I got to advanced. It kinda sucked at the time, but I am glad it happened that way. To much time out of the cockpit makes you start to suck real quick. I am finding that out now in Kingsville.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I finished in 6 months in VT-6 (Whiting) and that was with sitting for almost 2 weeks waiting for a Form partner, getting the Flu after Form 1 and waiting a week untill I was med up, and other minor weather delays.
Peace,

-Spin

sniksnak

Flew Hornets when the Navy still did that
pilot
18 weeks check-in to selection

butterbar201 said:
Hey all,

Anyone know currently how long folks are staying in the program for? My CO of VT-3 said when we checked in that he's shooting for 31 weeks. I'm right now on PA's on week 13 and its looking like I could be done in a month or so. Am I dreaming? I still have Forms and RI's and Night Contacts and the like. How much longer you think I'll be here for?

Thanks

KTBQ

Naval Radiator
pilot
27 is relatively speedy, you are at least scheduled every day. 28 guys in fams and pas seem like they get scheduled about 3 times a week.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
One thing about the "winter" in Corpus - about December to March - is that you get CONSTANT fog and low ceilings, moving to about 50/50 in March and clearing up around April. It makes it really hard to get through contacts - although once you do, it's smooth sailing until your 7 or so form days.

The summer is gorgeous though, as husker said earlier.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
squorch2 said:
One thing about the "winter" in Corpus - about December to March - is that you get CONSTANT fog and low ceilings, moving to about 50/50 in March and clearing up around April. It makes it really hard to get through contacts - although once you do, it's smooth sailing until your 7 or so form days.

The summer is gorgeous though, as husker said earlier.

I had that problem during fams. Started ground school in 28 in mid Feb and was moving by the time Katrina hit. Took me right at 6 months, with lots of cancellations for wx during the early stages.