• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how long did it take you guys to get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chericheri

oh my god are you being serious?? urg...everything w/ gov't/military takes FOREVER!!! all right then....thanks.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
it only took me 8 months from the first phone call to find out, and 14 months before I from start to reporting date.

USMC-2-USN

primary...i hate FORMs
took me a little over a year from first contact to final select. I came from enlisted side so mine might have been delayed from other sources...but from what i hear you should count on a year

Officer selection isn't like the recruiting station where you can walk in one week and ship the next!

If you are in a big hurry (i.e. no job) i would suggest enlisting and applying for OCS from there. being enlisted might also help the fact that your GPA might not be as competitive as others. I only graduated with a 3.3 in engineering. My peers in my OCS class that i have been talking to seem to average a 3.6-3.8 with one 4.0 mixed in there that i know of

Kycntryboy

pilot
It took me 17 months from first call to final select, although when I got I first talked with my recruiter I wasn't eligible, so 6 months after I was eligible I got final select.

hobbz

Final Select NFO
Obviously it depends on how fast you get all the stuff your recruiter needs together, as well as when the board for the job you're applying for meets, etc.

I took the ASTB in March, got Pro Rec'd in late May, and Final Select June 10th.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
I took the OAR at the end of January of 2003, submitted my package that March, got pro-rec'd in April or May, and final select that June with an OCS date set that following June. But then I had to change my expected graduation date from May of 2004 to December of 2004 so my spot was taken back (I had to graduate within 12 months, which I wouldn't after changing my graduation date). So, I had to wait until December 2003 and re-submit (but the people for SWO-EDO said that they would still select me as long as my grades supported the selection-and they did). So after final grades for that fall semester, I resubmitted my package in late December, and was sworn in sometime in January. I go to OCS next January.

-Erin Leigh

R

RickyDT34

chericheri said:
On a positive note i'm already double timing my training so in 18 mos i'lll be keeping up w/all you men!

That's the right attitude to have!

chericheri

Did most of you guys start the app. process while still in college?? I am already done so my recruiter told me today should be much much quicker....
hell yeah i have the right attitude- i'm doing this dude no matter what it takes and when i get there i will be kicking ass the last thing i want is to be that girl that can't ****ing keep up...not me buddy.

D

Deleted member 6665

USMC-2-USN said:
took me a little over a year from first contact to final select. I came from enlisted side so mine might have been delayed from other sources...but from what i hear you should count on a year

Officer selection isn't like the recruiting station where you can walk in one week and ship the next!

If you are in a big hurry (i.e. no job) i would suggest enlisting and applying for OCS from there. being enlisted might also help the fact that your GPA might not be as competitive as others. I only graduated with a 3.3 in engineering. My peers in my OCS class that i have been talking to seem to average a 3.6-3.8 with one 4.0 mixed in there that i know of

Are you saying that most people in OCS have 3.6-3.8 GPA's in Engineering? That scares me, I thought I was good, and I just have like a 3.5 in Electrical E.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
3.6-3.8 in engineering is not the norm. I had a 3.1 in ME. In fact, most of the guys aren't engineers. I wouldn't worry about it. Our class had a the usual amount of Sci/Engineering degrees, but we also had a bunch of History/Business/Poli Sci. Don't psych yourself out, 3.5 in EE is more than enough to land you the NUPOC interview, and once you have that, the job is yours to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.