• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long are Marines waiting to start API and Primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrunbel

pilot
I'm currently working with my OSO and have orders for TBS(Alpha Co.). I was wondering how long Marines are waiting to start API after TBS? When API is complete, how long before Marines start primary? I know the Navy is backed up from reading different threads on this forum. I understand that things will change by the time I make it to API, but I'm looking for ball park figures. Also, does anyone foresee things changing in the next 8-12 months. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From my understanding, because you do your IFS in Quantico (or previously), you class up as soon as you get to MATSG Pensacola. No delays.
ea6bflyr

farkle84

i went straight from TBS and started API a week later. and i started primary a week and a half after i checked it. Marines are definitely getting pumped through. unlike the poor navy dudes who wait for like 6 months.

winger

FNG
I just registered as a user, but I've been reading this forum for awhile.

I just finished TBS with Delta company, and I'm reporting to MATSG on January 2nd. On aviation night the Captain told me that I'd be starting API on January 14th or "possibly two weeks later." Can anybody give me an idea as to what I will be doing from the 2nd to the 14th? Thanks.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
I'm not a Marine but I did IFS with some. They said it was an option to do it in Quantico or Pensacola. After TBS, they just wanted to get out of Quantico. They classed up a week after completing IFS.

winger

FNG
Ok. I'm checking in on the 2nd, and I know I'm classing up on either the 14th or the 28th. I was just wondering what I'll be doing while I'm attached to MATSG for those 2-4 wks when I'm not in API. Anyone here stashed in MATSG or know what its like?

S/F

go4the8

Advance Maritime (C-130's)
beach said:
Ok. I'm checking in on the 2nd, and I know I'm classing up on either the 14th or the 28th. I was just wondering what I'll be doing while I'm attached to MATSG for those 2-4 wks when I'm not in API. Anyone here stashed in MATSG or know what its like?

S/F

I was there in Feb. 2004 and during the down time Marines were put on watch, minor working parties, and some other duties. I don't remember it being that bad. I don't even remember having to physically muster except on Fridays and on Tues and Thurs for PT....though it's been a while and I have learned alot of stuff since then....

go4the8

Advance Maritime (C-130's)
The wait for Marines is miniscule....I waited 2 weeks for API and 2 weeks for Primary...with some leave in between. They're pushing the Marines through as quick as possible. It sux for the Navy guys who are waiting 4-5 months to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.