• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how hard, how long for acceptance, and what if I was arrested as a teenager?

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Your recruiter is your friend. He's there to help you get accepted. Don't hide stuff from him. And don't lie.

Also once you swear in you're in the military. You're going to OCS, or if you mess up you're going enlisted. Military money and life insurance will be great for your kid, but bear in mind all the responsibilities of a service member (being away from home for long periods, moving a lot, etc). There are lots of threads by people about how they've handled family life while in the military.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Plumadore 11,

First of all relax. Making a cool explosive device at 13 is most likely only going to get people to ask you how big the explosion was. I wish I had made one like, just not got caught. The fact that you were not convicted of anything helps. This is not the big deal it is being made out.

You are asking the right questions and talking to the right people. What you said to your officer recruiter the first time is not a big deal either. The important thing is that you come clean on any and all paperwork that you sign your name on. Let your recruiter know as well. If you call him back and say, "I just want to clarify a few things ..." No harm, no foul.

Most importantly, buy some black guns before next week. A ton of ammo wouldn't hurt either. It may all get expensive fast.

R/

Steve

plumadore11

Plumadore 11,

First of all relax. Making a cool explosive device at 13 is most likely only going to get people to ask you how big the explosion was. I wish I had made one like, just not got caught. The fact that you were not convicted of anything helps. This is not the big deal it is being made out.

You are asking the right questions and talking to the right people. What you said to your officer recruiter the first time is not a big deal either. The important thing is that you come clean on any and all paperwork that you sign your name on. Let your recruiter know as well. If you call him back and say, "I just want to clarify a few things ..." No harm, no foul.

Most importantly, buy some black guns before next week. A ton of ammo wouldn't hurt either. It may all get expensive fast.

R/

Steve

Thanks, I appreciate your comments.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
. I checked with the courts clerks office and it is still on my record, haven't had it expunged (I got the paper work to have it done though).

Your record has to be sealed for 10 years before it can be expunged.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content...6/01_31Frequently-20Asked-20Questions-1-.aspx

Any charge, which resulted in a withholding of adjudication or in an acquittal (not guilty verdict) after trial, may not be expunged unless and until it has first been sealed for at least 10 years.

BTW not all charges can be sealed/expunged. Do some research before you waste you time. http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/in.../SEC059.HTM&Title=->2003->Ch0943->Section 059

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
33233hw.jpg

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

plumadore11

Thanks for all the help everyone! Things went smoothly and I am now in the process of completing my package! I'll post any question I have, becuase you all have been a tremendous resource for me. Thanks again!

**Any ASTB study help much appreciated**

getmeinaf18

I just want to apologize for giving bad advise previously. I didn't realize that you were actually charged with a felony for what you did. In my state, they actually can't even arrest a minor, I know 1st hand. They will just bring you to the station and have your parents pick you up and you will be in a world of **** but they don't make any report unless you are 18. I'm sure there are exceptions for felonies, but I wouldn't know about that. I just based my view on how they deal with minors and misdemeanors in my state, but I shouldn't have assumed that things were the same for you.

USNMark

I just want to apologize for giving bad advise previously. I didn't realize that you were actually charged with a felony for what you did. In my state, they actually can't even arrest a minor, I know 1st hand. They will just bring you to the station and have your parents pick you up and you will be in a world of **** but they don't make any report unless you are 18. I'm sure there are exceptions for felonies, but I wouldn't know about that. I just based my view on how they deal with minors and misdemeanors in my state, but I shouldn't have assumed that things were the same for you.

Good to know that in the state of Texas, as long as you're a minor, you can commit a pile of crimes and you won't be arrested--heck, the police will just take you to the station to be picked up by your parents! Considering your *vast* legal background of "how they deal with minors and misdemeanors" in your state, I'm *puzzled* that you're still making assumptions.

I'm sure there are exceptions... but I wouldn't know about that.

Yeah we kinda figured that one out already.

getmeinaf18

I'm living in Texas now but that's not the state I am talking about, not even close.

Thanks for being so rude about it guys, I thought what happened to plumadore11 when he was 13 sounded really similar to something that happened to me when I was about that age. Once he shared more info about it it became appearant that his situation was much more serious, and that the laws that applied to him were much different.

In my situation when my father was contacted by our local police to pick me up at the station he asked if they could keep me in jail overnight to teach me a lesson. The officer told him that they could not do anything like that because I was a minor. I found out about that several years later, and my father explained to me at the time that they were purposely blowing the situation out of proportion to teach me a lesson. I had thought that I was arrested and had it on my record but when I was 18 I found out that there was not any report of the incident at all. That's why I thought maybe plumadore may have had the same thing as me.

Sorry, again.

I'm not opening this thread up anymore so don't be offended if ignore all of the cute comments.