• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How does South Korea deal with pirates? Commandos and machine guns.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I just finished a different article about the same topic. That was pretty awesome. In the article I read pirates are still getting paid and the price is only going up. So I think we need step it up by using these methods more often to help and deter the pirates.

H60Gunner

Contributor
Not much of a surprise for me, having worked with them. Their national sport is a martial art. Sadly, searching the interweb I discovered some crap about Star craft being the number one national sport now or at least hugely popular.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Not much of a surprise for me, having worked with them. Their national sport is a martial art. Sadly, searching the interweb I discovered some crap about Star craft being the number one national sport now or at least hugely popular.

Indeed, StarCraft and "e-sports" are enormously popular in Korea. I wouldn't be sad, if I were you, that a decade-old American product is so intensely popular not only in a field of rapid obsolescence, but also in a foreign country. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

On a side note, it is interesting that eleven of the crew of the Samho Jewelry were from Myanmar. Their country is run by pirates.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I wasn't there & obviously don't know, but I would bet the South Koreans did it up close & personally (i.e., man-to-man). It is so Russian that they used the bully manner of standing off & blowing them to smithereens with their ship's weapons after capturing them & their ship.