• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How Competitive Is It To Become A Navy Aviator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviator3000

I had two simple questions:

1. What is the number of applicants who apply to become aviators, and the number who actually get accepted?(If you don't know the exact numbers, a rough idea would help, also the % of applicants accepted would help)

2. What is the % of aviators that fly fixed wing vs. helos?(I would appreciate info on both the navy and usmc)

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, remember that Navy helo's require 2 pilots. Marines may be the same, don't know. Anyway, the 2 pilot thing makes for lots of helo drivers.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I recently got pro-rec'd for SNA and my recruiter was telling me, about half way through the wait that they had about 99 other applications in Millington at that time, now this might now just one year, keep in mind people apply for different years at the same depending on where they are in school, the earlier you apply the less people you compete with because with a year to go before someone graduates is usually when they apply to OCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.