• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How cheap can you get a Rolex in Japan or Korea?

FLY_USMC

pilot
Wondering what the typical discount compared to what you'd pick one up for in the states is? I've never even looked into big purchase watches but I got buddies in both places and I almost can't stand to pass up a good deal. Anyone ever bought a Rolex overseas? More specifically a GMT?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
In Japan, i doubt you'd find it cheaper. Likely it woudl be more expensive.

In Korea...gotta wonder if it is real, but it may be cheaper.

Zissou

Banned
I bought a Submariner two tone with blue face in Kuwait.

It was priced similar to any other Rolex dealer, no real discount. But I didnt have to pay tax on the purchase and that saved me some coin.

I would only purchase from a Rolex store when overseas, too many fakes out there.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Screw it, I really wanted an Omega with a Hornet on the back of it but I'm too stubborn to wait another year, maybe I'll see if that group buy is still a go.

lmnop

Does anyone know if the NEX/AAFES still has the overseas purchase deal for Rolex? I had a couple buddies pick up watches at a decent price from the little NEX in Bahrain that way.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Got my Explorer II in Bahrain. A couple hundred below the Hawaii price, but as stated earlier the big savings was tax. If you're going to pay with credit card, call customer service before you buy. A $5,000 dollar purchase in a foreign country trips the fraud meter and it took an hour through international calling to verify myself. Go Rolex, you won't be disappointed and it's something that will never lose it's appeal...