• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How badly does an arrest hurt an applicant?

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
What did your recruiter say?
Recruiter didn't say much. Just said it wouldn't be good but it's necessary to be honest upfront and be fully candid that it wasn't going to happen again, ever.

I wish I had of that of something clever to say to the TSA. If I run into any of y'all during the journey through aviation or OCS I'll be glad to share it. It's a pretty damn funny story.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I would have told him that you are supposed to down a few drinks right before you get on the plane, that have a few more in flight, that avoids being drunk in the airport.
Drunk pax can be ALOT of fun. So much so that we can divert to deliver them to the authorities. :eek:

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
you know, sort of like those moron Ensigns from API a couple of years ago that were shooting terns and herons and sandpipers out on P-cola beach, (and now they're in the fleet).

BleedGreen

pilot
Recruiter didn't say much. Just said it wouldn't be good but it's necessary to be honest upfront and be fully candid that it wasn't going to happen again, ever.

I wish I had of that of something clever to say to the TSA. If I run into any of y'all during the journey through aviation or OCS I'll be glad to share it. It's a pretty damn funny story.
I was arrested for a public intoxication the year prior to being selected. As long as your honest, upfront, and don't try to blame the police, bartender, etc for what happened, you will set yourself up the best you can given the circumstances.

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
I was arrested for a public intoxication the year prior to being selected. As long as your honest, upfront, and don't try to blame the police, bartender, etc for what happened, you will set yourself up the best you can given the circumstances.

Yeah I'm coming on my year out. It'll actually be about a full year by the time this board convenes. I knew it was my fault for getting as drunk as I did, and I made that clear in my statement. So I guess I did that alright.