• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How about that North Korea?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Setting aside discussion of their missile capabilities, a 100kt nuke doesn't need to be delivered by missile to hold other countries at risk.
And monkeys hypothetically might fly out of my ass. Explain a credible alternate COA.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No one thought jetliners were a credible threat, either...until they were.

Can you really not fathom an unconventional method to deliver a nuke?
Ok, it wasn't that I couldn't fathom one, it was that I thought at the time I posted that it was highly unlikely. Then I remembered this is the country that assassinated someone with VX by hand. I'm an idiot; sorry for being a dick.

Hammer10k

pilot
I'm still waiting for someone to tell my what KJU has to gain by launching a pre-emptive attack. If his singular goal is to remain in power, then launching a pre-emptive strike does not serve that objective. The cat's out of the bag WRT nukes and ICBMs. Unless the US (with tacit agreement from China and Russia) decides to go "all in" (or in other words, full retard), then it might be time to come to grips with the fact that the fat kid has the bomb. The goal now should be to keep him from proliferating the technology any further than he already has.

In the mean time, I'll keep on eye out to see if USG evacuates civilians from ROK and Guam.

I agree completely. Neither side has much to gain from a pre-emptive strike. Seoul being in range of NKs artillery has left us without a good military option and KJU striking first would spell the end of his regime. It's become a boy-cries-wolf scenario with the hostile rhetoric, but until we evacuate US civilians, I'm not sure we're as close to the brink as it seems.

Last edited:

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
How close do you fellas think we are to an ultimatum being delivered to KJU? Something along the lines of "no more launches or nuke tests, or [fill in the blank military action] will happen."?

For my part, I don't expect much to change, except that N.K. will keep testing missiles and nukes to much howling and gnashing of U.N. (and USA) teeth for the foreseeable future.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
What would you suggest going in the blank?

Not sure, but I'd bet Gen. Mattis has a pretty good answer. Targeted strikes on their nuke and missile sites seems to be a reasonable expectation, but so does a retaliation against South Korea.

Which is why I think it'll continue to be a stalemate. Or WWIII.

Hammer10k

pilot
Not sure, but I'd bet Gen. Mattis has a pretty good answer. Targeted strikes on their nuke and missile sites seems to be a reasonable expectation, but so does a retaliation against South Korea.

Which is why I think it'll continue to be a stalemate. Or WWIII.

Yeah I don't want to be the guy that says nothings going to happen, and then WWIII breaks out, but I feel like we're indefinitely locked in a stalemate. Hopefully China will step up since they are objecting to our THAAD radars on their front steps.

"Strange game, the only winning move is not to play."

Hammer10k

pilot
Ok, it wasn't that I couldn't fathom one, it was that I thought at the time I posted that it was highly unlikely. Then I remembered this is the country that assassinated someone with VX by hand. I'm an idiot; sorry for being a dick.

I didn't pay much attention to the VX assassination at the time. Reading back on it made me realize that it was KJU's older brother, who was the heir apparent before KJU, and who had advocated for reform in NK. Yikes

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
The only problem here is that you are all imagining that KJU is a rational actor. Our best hope isn't that he wants to stay in power, its that his generals want to stay around more.

Hammer10k

pilot
The only problem here is that you are all imagining that KJU is a rational actor. Our best hope isn't that he wants to stay in power, its that his generals want to stay around more.

Now would be a perfect time for that Manchurian Candidate that we've been sitting on.

Last edited: