• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Houston Area: Interested in Naval Aviation?

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
For those of you in the Houston area and who are interested in Naval Aviation, I bring a T-45 Goshawk into Ellington Airport (formerly Ellington Field) about every two weeks and do stay overnight. Generally, I come in mid week in the evening and leave the following afternoon for Kingsville. If I receive enough interest, I will post my expected schedule but please keep in mind that this schedule can change. The jet will be parked at Southwest Services. Please check their website for directions.
As of 29 Jan, I have completed 23 years in the Marine Corps. I have thoroughly enjoyed my career and if you are interested, I would be happy to talk to you. I am not a recruiter but as this Forum demonstrates enthusiasm in one's career makes you a natural recruiter. I do associate with the Houston Marine Officer Selection Officer, USMC Jr ROTC and am fostering a relationship with a new chapter of the Young Marines (As you can tell, I work alot with Marine units. Believe it or not, I've never been able to generate interest from Navy Personnel in the area). Don't worry, I won't force you to sign or commit to anything. I'm only offering you an opportunity to see the aircraft up close and answer your questions face to face. You are welcome to email or leave a message on this Forum.

Semper Fi!

Frumby
https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/tw2/reserves/sau_vt22.asp

BENDER

pilot
Frumby,

I am defiantly interested! And I have a few friends that might want to come take a look at the jet, and ask a few questions also.

Thanks!

Casey

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Casey,

Sounds great. I'm considering (weather permitting) flying in Wednesday, Feb 4th. I'll post details at a later date.

Frumby

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
That is a great offer! I fly out of williams gateway and there are T-45's once a week or so. You arent planning any xcountrys to KIWA anytime soon are you!?

DFSpence

<< Very interested native Houstonian. Just got my pro-rec for pilot a week ago and have been itching for some face time with aircraft.

efini_kid

what a great opportunity, please post details soon because id like to come down and talk to you. right now i'm scheduled to work on the 4th but i can try and change that.

MasterBates

(As you can tell, I work alot with Marine units. Believe it or not, I've never been able to generate interest from Navy Personnel in the area)

Pic of Frumby below \/
sau_vt22.jpg

Sir, it's the hair. You scare us. :D

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
It's cuz you haven't recently 'accepted' CNATRA's authentication for the site, thus the firewall robustness preventing the image from showing.. Since MB still has the cookie on his phone from consistently checking the RDO watchbill he is able to view it.. Go look at the sked page, accept the certificate, return and viola... You can take the kid out of NFO but you cant take the NFO out of the kid, der der out...

2ndGen

Third times a charm
You should try and get up to the Denver area too, I know a lot of poolees and friends/aviation buffs that would love to do some hanger flying with a Marine Corps Aviator (myself included).

I know it is probably impossible but just thought that I would let you know that their is interest here! :D

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Damn, Frumby. You make it sound so inviting I might drive up! I wonder if they'd let me start over if I dye my hair and lie about my age?