• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing for IFS

Trev82

pilot
Its introductory flight screening, your basically off to one of the local airports either in pcola (navy) or quantico area (Marines) to fly around in a cessna for just under 50 days. Its another screening process used by the Dept. of the Navy before they begin investing a lot of money in you down at API, Primary, etc to only have you fail out because you dont like the sensation of flying. You go to ground school at IFS, solo, i believe you also Xcountry but you dont get your private pilots license. You also take the FAA exam and once your done you head to pcola or you just report to api to start. Hope this helps..

highkey

housing in pensacola

na man, you can stay off base during IFS!
SNA's at whiting are required to live on, but not until you get to whiting.
I am actually looking for a roommate.
send me an email if you need a place to live
(living out the back gate is much closer and less traffic than anywhere else in town)
3bd 2.5 bath
let me know
salcidojones@gmail.com

red_ryder

None
There's also vans you can check out, so if they're available you won't have to worry about buying the gas.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
I lucked out and did IFS at Pensacola because people under 5'4" could only choose between Pensacola and Destin. Pensacola is switching out all the Traumahawks for Cessnas, so now, if you're short, you can only fly out of Destin.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I lucked out and did IFS at Pensacola because people under 5'4" could only choose between Pensacola and Destin. Pensacola is switching out all the Traumahawks for Cessnas, so now, if you're short, you can only fly out of Destin.

why destin? they didn't have T-hawks there, either. Just 172s. is there something about the Traumahawk that makes it more accommodating to us vertically challenged people?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Woo! Yay for being 5'3.6" according to my flight physical junior year! No drive to Mobile!

IrishEagle85

It's a shame, because I rather enjoy the Traumahawks. Btw, are you still in IFS, because I think I may have seen you around there.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Is it really that tough to handle <2 months of commuting an hour on an O-1's salary? (Not being sarcastic)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P-Cola to Mobile: 1 hour, 1 minute
P-Cola to Destin: 1 hour, 12 minutes.

Don't know why you're celebrating, since she said short people only go to Destin.

Well shit. For some reason I thought Destin (never been there) was closer to Pcola than it actually is. Oh well.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Well shit. For some reason I thought Destin (never been there) was closer to Pcola than it actually is. Oh well.

It doesn't look far on a map, like 65-70 miles. But it takes forevvvvveeerrrrrrr, as much as 1:40-2 hours, especially if you're coming back from destin during rush hour/ let out at eglin and H Burt. Fun flying over the gulf and bay though.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Is it really that tough to handle <2 months of commuting an hour on an O-1's salary? (Not being sarcastic)

Camp out at 3:30 in the AM and steal a van, if you worry about gas so much. It's how we ended up making sure we didn't pay to drive to destin. It worked about 3/4 of the time.