• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing between NAS Pensacola and NAS Whiting

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I've always enjoyed pocketing my BAH but if the on base housing looks decent during school I might bite for the convenience.. depending on where I head for intermediate/advanced.

If they wait is long enough in Pensacola I might even check out what's for sale.. could make a decent rental after leaving.

Pensacola isn't as affordable as it used to be, doubly so when you add in higher interest rates. Also managing multiple tenants with differing lease end points can be an ongoing pain in the ass.

Willfly4crayons

I’m not sure I’d get in the landlord foxhole. Being a “married with children” SNA is very, very hard…harder than being a single guy in the pipeline. I know, I did it and probably not very well. Concentrate on Flying, Family, and then, if you have time, Future. In that order.

This information ebs and flow. As of recent events, Corpus classes up faster than Milton.
Hmm, could be an incentive to ask for Corpus if they're classing up faster when I'm ready for primary.

Willfly4crayons

Pensacola isn't as affordable as it used to be, doubly so when you add in higher interest rates. Also managing multiple tenants with differing lease end points can be an ongoing pain in the ass.
The interest rates alone could probably be the deterrent for me. I'm unsure of how much I'd be willing to break off. I was thinking of utilizing a property manager forsure but I didn't even think about the mess that multiple military roommates would cause.

Willfly4crayons

I’m not sure I’d get in the landlord foxhole. Being a “married with children” SNA is very, very hard…harder than being a single guy in the pipeline. I know, I did it and probably not very well. Concentrate on Flying, Family, and then, if you have time, Future. In that order.
I appreciate the advice. It's hard to grasp how rigorous the training will be prior to being there.

Willfly4crayons

Not by much, I checked into Whiting Field at Milton this past Wednesday, should be starting ground school Mid June
That's excellent! So you've only been in Pensacola for 11 months, finished NIFE and will be rolling right into Primary. I'd be good with that time frame.

Mouselovr

Contributor
@villo0692
However, when we first checked into NASC, the wait time difference was like 3 months versus 10 months. So things change.

That's excellent! So you've only been in Pensacola for 11 months, finished NIFE and will be rolling right into Primary. I'd be good with that time frame.
Yes, they've been trying to speed up all the pipelines.

Southboy

When it comes to leave, what is the leave radius? I live around 350 miles away and would like to go home a couple times without taking unnessecary leave on a 72 or 96. If I do go home on a 72 or 96 just for that time, would that be counted against my leave days? Also does anyone have any idea what this NPS program they are trying to do for us now is like?

villo0692

When it comes to leave, what is the leave radius? I live around 350 miles away and would like to go home a couple times without taking unnessecary leave on a 72 or 96. If I do go home on a 72 or 96 just for that time, would that be counted against my leave days? Also does anyone have any idea what this NPS program they are trying to do for us now is like?
You can go anywhere in the US during leave. It’s overseas leave that’s a bit tricky. For 72s and 96s the liberty radius is exactly 350 miles, and does not count against your leave. However if you’re gonna get on a plane to get there, they will want you to take leave.

I just graduated NIFE and checked into TW5 in Whiting, and I can tell you, that drive kind of sucks (I live in NAS Pensacola in Officer Housing), so if I could do it all over again I would move to a place that’s in between. Will be moving to Ferry Pass within the next month. At the end of the day, you will spend a significantly longer time in Primary. I didn’t move to Milton because in my opinion it’s kind of ghetto
I grew up in Pace. Can confirm Milton is ghetto.