• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hornet Shot Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wali

:( I guess that the reality of the war did not really hit me until today. I was profoundly saddened and shocked about an F/A-18C Hornet being shot down by a SAM. This was the first allied fighter shot down by those A-Holes and I hope it's the last. It's more personal because the Hornet is my favorite fighter and it's the one most SNA's shoot for as their primary choice (sorry if I'm wrong). Damn those A-holes, heck give me a freakin' gun and I'll go to the war on foot and kick their behinds.

I hope that the hornetdriver is okay and my prayers go to him as well as all of the US and coalition troops.

Hurrah US Air Power....Hurrah to all the fighter jocks.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is one of those dangers of flying in a combat zone. My wishes are also with the hornet driver....
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
wow, yeah, it's the first thing I heard about this morning. My prayers go out to all those who are out there right now.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I just heard on CNN that there's a concern that we may have shot him down with a Patriot by accident.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

jason12

yet another reason to create Lake Iraq...

"IF ONE ADVANCES CONFIDENTLY IN THE DIRECTION OF HIS DREAMS,
AND ENDEAVORS TO LIVE THE LIFE WHICH HE HAS IMAGINED, HE WILL MEET WITH A SUCCESS UNEXPECTED IN COMMON HOURS."

ghost_ttu

Let's just hope he ejected and landed where our troops have already been. He can follow the bad guy bodies to find the good guys.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

kn

http://www.centcom.mil/CENTCOMNews/news_release.asp?NewsRelease=20030437.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.