• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Home Buyer's Credit for Vets

MrSaturn

Contributor
I just bought my own little bachelor pad for my next tour. I was lamenting how I just missed the Home Buyer's credit when my friend brought up these changes the IRS made. So it would appear that some of us would still qualify. I thought I would share because it means I can afford to splurge on some more hookers and blow.

:tophat_12

Link to IRS page
Members of the military and certain other federal employees serving outside the U.S. have an extra year to buy a principal residence in the U.S. and qualify for the credit... It applies to any individual (and, if married, the individual’s spouse) who serves on qualified official extended duty service outside of the United States for at least 90 days during the period beginning after Dec. 31, 2008, and ending before May 1, 2010.

In many cases, the credit repayment (recapture) requirement is waived for members of the uniformed services, members of the Foreign Service and employees of the intelligence community.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The repayment requirement is good to know, I was wondering about that myself as I'll be in my house max 2.5 years before I have to move.