• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Holy Sh*t!! Pulled the handle just in time!

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
whoa!!! glad he was able to eject. sucks that it happened, but amazing series of photos to capture the moment.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Looks remarkably like a certain Tomcat chicky single engine wave off attempt at the boat.... very delicate procedure...

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Wow, f'in impressive seat right there . . . 5 seconds from canopy ejection to him landing on the deck . . .

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I remember the Canadian CF-18 demo doing a high alpha pass with a 360 degree "turn" when I was a kid. Hard to describe, but it was low, slow and impressive. Always used to think that it was so low if he lost an engine he would barely have time to pull the handles. Either way, nice to see the seat work as advertised!

CAMike

None
Contributor
Appropriate music to eject by. A BeeGee's tune was playing in the background... "Staying Alive" during the incident. Glad the pilot is more or less OK though.

highside7r

None
Looks like a certain late 80's Paris airshow Mig-29 crash. All the photo blogs are pointing out the different nozzle positions between the #1 and 2 engines.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Looks like a possible nozzle/engine fail, look closely and you'll see one open and one closed.

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
Another New Member for the Martin-Baker Fan Club...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-from-fighter-plane-moments-before-crash.html

crash1_1685056c.jpg

Capt. Brian Bews, RCAF, pulled the "loud handle" after departing controlled flight while practicing the high-alpha pass...

NightVisionPen

In transition
pilot
Glad he is okay. I wonder if he had some adverse yaw from too much aileron. It looked like they were moving prior to the nose starting to slice over. Very close indeed.