• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hmmm...Marines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetjock863

No go on flight...JAG???
Do the Marines take the same OCS application as the Navy. If so, is there any good reason why I could not apply to both at the same time? Just wondering.....

Also, the only reason why I never really looked at the Marines is because the physical aspect is not my strongest suite, however I believe that mentally/spiritually I would be well suited. A little guidance would help, thanks.

TANGO 1

Contributor
Nope, the Marines have a different path from the Navy. There are many options depending on your current status( junior in college, senior all that good infromation will help and OSO decide which is best for you).
You are correct about the physical aspect of the paths to Marine Corps commissioning but there is nothing a determined mind cannot really accomplish

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
They only thing that I can think of is that it would probably be easier if you knew for sure what you wanted before applying, instead of trying to make up your mind between the two after applying. But it's normal to be confused, just be sure to do your research. Good luck with everything.

penderwt

yut king
Go Marines. Take a look at the 80 year old retired Marine, and the pride he has for his corps...many civilians see that as kinda hokey, but that pride is there for a reason. i'm not a marine yet, but so far, i get fired up just lookin in from the outside.
semper fi

Rainman

pilot
Like they said. . different process. You can apply to both simultaneously, though some OSOs/recruiters will discourage. . It is the same ASTB test, at least it was several years ago.

good luck

penderwt

yut king
i believe applying to marine corps ocs obligates you to complete (or at least make an attempt at completing) ocs.

Status
Not open for further replies.