• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hmla/t-303

Check Six

Took a couple of my team down to Pendelton today to fly with HMLA/T-303 and just wanted to say how impressed I was with everyone I met at that squadron.

What a shit hot bunch of people. First time I have personally had anything to do with a Marine squadron and I was impressed. The hospitality was awesome and everyone involved in our visit bent over backwards to make sure it all worked smooth as. Being a kiwi, that means someone from New Zealand for those slow at clicking :) , I had to get my approvals all the way from General Troutman so I could fly, and he was also very supportive of the story we are doing which is great to see.

Am back down there on Wed to shoot the Whiskey Cobra and looking forward to the return visit.

So bottom line, if there is anyone on the boards here from that unit a sincere thanks for creating an awesome first impression.

Cheers,

Ned
HeliTac Magazine

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
Ned,

Glad to see that you were able to hitch a ride with a skid squadron. -303 has a lot of good people in it, a trend I think you would find mirrored in the other HMLAs. I regret that I wasn't able to get the ball rolling for Desert Talon last year. On an unrelated note, I got to meet up with the State Department Huey guys you did an article on a while back. Seeing (and hearing) five single engine Hueys come over the horizon was one of the cooler sights this deployment (yes, even for a cobra guy).

Trev82

pilot
did a search, but would like updated answers

Its been probably over a year since i've utilized this fantastic information board and I realize i'm doing a thread jack but i figure i'm just recycling an old thread instead of making new ones. Anyways i'm down to my last two flights in helo advanced (nvg's) until i select and am constantly being reminded to enjoy it while i can because the real work starts in in the RAG.

Off the bat, i'm loading west coast on my selection sheet (hueys, cobras, 53's, phrogs(pendleton), phrogs(miramar)) i realize phrogs out of miramar though its an option on the sheet my chances of selecting are slim to none but had to try. Being that my entire family is still residing there i'd like to get a place to call home base back there in socal.

Being that my top two choices are skids which would mean hmla-303 for the RAG i was curious what the process and life there is like. I've been searching on the internet for some forums and really couldnt find anything to get any insight on how it works and what to expect from the RAG and immediately after. Any help and guidance would be awesome, thanks!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
My landlord is an IP w/ 303....awesome guy, doesn't surprise me that they are a good group

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
First, move Phrogs to the top of your list. That is if your into having a good time. If not, leave it how it is. And if you decide to leave it how it is, you need to be able to talk intelligently on 3 topics.
1) The 9 Line
2) The CFT
3) Flying a Huey/Cobra
...because that's all your going to talk about. Have fun with that.

And as a side note, Phrogs Miramar is a no-go. There were RACs that were selected for Miramar, and had to switch to Pendleton, Okinawa. Just a heads up.