• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

History of Accutane

BorgImo

Hi all,

When I was in middle school (~10 years ago) I was prescribed Accutane/Isotretinoin to treat acne, I used it for about 5 months. I've been doing some reading and have gotten mixed information about if this is disqualifying/will require a waiver or not. If somebody could help clear this up for me, I would really appreciate it. I'm going for SNA if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

space_sailor

It's not disqualifying. Just let them know at MEPS and have the records for it.
Second this.
I went through MEPS in December 2021 and had Accutane prescribed in grade school/high school.
MEPS wanted my records of it and that was all. I did not need a waiver

BorgImo

Have you read MANMED CH-15?
I have, and the bit that was throwing me off was:

"(2) Acne vulgaris, which is nodulocystic or severe, is disqualifying but may be waived with successful treatment. For the purposes of this publication, isotretinoin (Accutane) is considered a psychopharmaceutical and the provisions of MANMED article 15-106, paragraph 4(k)(11) apply."

I think this is saying it only applies if you currently have severe acne, but I wasn't entirely sure.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You have to have been off it for some period of time. MANMED CH 15 probably will tell you, but I am certain it is less than 10 years. More like a couple.