• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hey fellas, OUSOONER inbound to PCola with questions

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
If there is still a decent wait-time for API, may I suggest living in one of the condos on Perdido Key? I lived in Sea Spray with a good friend of mine for about half a year and we had one hell of a time waiting to start... And it was winter!

You'll be close to Florabama and all the cuties in Gulf Shores who are on summer vacation from Alabama and Auburn... Can't go wrong.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Godspeed went to Vance...

I'll agree in saying that you pushed it. I don't think you going to Vance was entirely random luck.

torpedo0126

also, don't stay at the BOQ if you don't have to. As an SNA you won't receive reimbursement for it until you reach primary--which could be several months.

Also, it can create complications too, as PSD was confused how it was documented...I stayed in the BOQ for 2 weeks yet the orders were stamped "Government Quarters not Available"

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Godspeed went to Vance...

I'll agree in saying that you pushed it. I don't think you going to Vance was entirely random luck.

Conspiracy theorist.... Not true at all. Contrary to Finchworm's theory, I was offered a choice between Corpus Christi and Vance. And yes, I chose Vance.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
If there is still a decent wait-time for API, may I suggest living in one of the condos on Perdido Key? I lived in Sea Spray with a good friend of mine for about half a year and we had one hell of a time waiting to start... And it was winter!

You'll be close to Florabama and all the cuties in Gulf Shores who are on summer vacation from Alabama and Auburn... Can't go wrong.

I second this guy. I live in SeaSpray right now. In fact there's a lady on the first floor looking to rent out her 3 BR 3 BA condo to some SNAs in a month or two. $1400 furnished.

The easiest way to take leave is just report later like others have said. That way you don't have to deal with flight management and the leave chit. You have 4 days to get there. Anything longer than that will just be taken from your leave balance.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Are they still making Navy SNAs stay in whiting pines? OUSOONER, are you Navy or Marine?

red_ryder

None
Also, I might add that I have a roommate leaving for JAX here in the near(ish) future, we live out the back gate just north of Big Lagoon State Park in a fairly nice neighborhood. If you're interested, PM me and we can coordinate some kind of tour if your timeline coincides with ours.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Another benefits that I got moving into Kings Mill is a military discount. A few places have it. No security deposit and I got rent like 100 bucks cheaper.

Aggie08

IFS complete, starting API June 26!
Live by the back gate, you'll be glad you did when you start mustering. Don't go with Top Gun realty, they do suck now, as they are under new ownership. I second the recommendation of Perdido Sands Realty. Ted's a retired Marine F-18 instructor, will talk to you about flying, and gives a free BBQ each rent day :0)

Another thing you have to do before taking leave is get your NMCI account activated, which takes 2 weeks. And you have to get your NOMI physical completely taken care of. If you aren't current on dental, like I wasn't, NOMI won't clear you until dental does, and I had to wait a month, yes a MONTH, for a dental appointment. And then that dentist told me a I needed a cavity filled = another 2 weeks for an appointment. Thus, it took me 6 weeks to get NOMI cleared. Conclusion? Take leave before you get here and they control your life.

magnetfreezer

If you aren't current on dental, like I wasn't, NOMI won't clear you until dental does, and I had to wait a month, yes a MONTH, for a dental appointment. And then that dentist told me a I needed a cavity filled = another 2 weeks for an appointment.

To help with the dental backup (for some reason they have all the flight status people going to Corry even though they only have a few dental personnel) try asking them to schedule an appointment at the NATTC clinic for you instead - waited 4 days instead of 1.5 months for a filling.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
To help with the dental backup (for some reason they have all the flight status people going to Corry even though they only have a few dental personnel) try asking them to schedule an appointment at the NATTC clinic for you instead - waited 4 days instead of 1.5 months for a filling.

Speaking of dental I think I'm supposed to have some teeth pulled. Do you just call them up to set up an appointment?