• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Here's proof that life as a SWO is all dependent on your CO...

MasterBates

Wow.. That brought back some memories of my first trip thru the RAG I've been trying to drink away for 6 years. Nowhere to park.. Can't get the logbooks signed.. Is it like a friggin HSL-42 Mafia there now? I swear every IP I saw save 2 were guys in 42 with me. And one of them was in my RAG class.

SWO Bubba

None
I think its better than many of the aviator cruise videos, with the exception of the boat vs ship thing...but hey - if you call a Carrier a Boat then you I guess you call a DDG a boat too.

Just don't call me Skipper.......that's the dog's name.

CO might have to explain the use of a helo in the shot, but since JPJ isn't a IIA, then maybe the not.

CAMike

None
Contributor
The original OP's video clip was nice. Let's face facts- if the perps ever thought they'd make 0-6 then they'd never in their wildest hallucinations made such a video. I say good on them, and let them be "O-3'sForever". (no offense A-4s it just sound similar).

I personally hate rap type music, but in lieu of the topic... at least it's tolerable. Hey Obama is now CIC so roll the dice and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe these dudes will make O-6 due to their initiative. Who knows?

Can you imagine what kind of video's would have been recorded in the 50's and 60's if the technology and easy public access existed then??? Don't start! 8mm film was never this accessible, even then!

Rock on and may the letters of reprimand also be dual purpose for early promotion.

Bevo16

pilot
Can you imagine what kind of video's would have been recorded in the 50's and 60's if the technology and easy public access existed then??? Don't start! 8mm film was never this accessible, even then!

Probably a little something like this:

IRfly

None
In that HSL-40 video, there were a lot of "sirs" being tossed towards the O-3 types... What gives?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
In that HSL-40 video, there were a lot of "sirs" being tossed towards the O-3 types... What gives?

Well from what I've heard from every former HSL bubba (not on AWs), HSL = flying shoes.

The HSL-40 Vid was great! Recognized an HT-28 alum in there.... :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Too bad the JPJ is a Flight I DDG and, thus, no permanent helo detachment.

I tried to make out the insignia on his flight suit and concluded I had no idea. If they had wings, though, wouldn't it be on their SDB's?

Read RedFive's post above.

Here is a video our class made for our ZTR.

What the hell is a "ZTR?"

Well from what I've heard from every former HSL bubba (not on AWs), HSL = flying shoes.

I have a feeling it was because it was a "funny" video. If FRPs are calling the IPs sir, the terrorists win. If IPs are making FRPs say sir, the terrorists have already won.

I'm guessing it's the former and not the latter.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
one of thems one of my usna classmates, don't recognize the other two. i know he's definitely a swo. and the insignia on the flightsuit is a craftmaster/oinc pin.

MasterBates

I got smacked for not calling IPs by either Sir/Maam/Rank Name when I was at -40 in 03. It was about 50-50 whether LT IPs expected to be called Sir by an ENS.

ZTR = Zero Tension Release (it's how the 60B disengages from the RA Cable in the RAST system for the non-LAMPS crowd)

It's teh ghey. Its done when RPs complete the RAG, and officially find out where they are going, even though most of us knew months in advance.

VFA-106 does their "patching" much better. They get called up on the O-Club porch, the IPs talk smack about them, and it's like a mini-roast, and then they ask "who claims this cone??!" and a CO/XO comes forward, rips their RAG patch off and replaces it with a fleet patch.

Just an observation. I think the VFA way was much better. I think my future OIC was the only 42 bubba at my ZTR, and that's only because he was still with the RAG as a CAT-3.