• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Here we go again! OCS on April 6th anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
OK,

After being bumped more times than I can count, I have been assured by the head of CNRC that I will be in this class that starts on April 6. Anyone else want to attend this little vacation with me?

Dave

Gator

Dave,
The way things have been going for you lately you will end up going with me in the summer. I talked to Heidi to day and she didn't seem to understand why the surgeon won't clear me if I'm not going to physcial therapy. She also mentioned that I will most likely get pushed back aways because of this deal with the number of SNA in OCS. I'm going down to Mater Chief this afternoon and see what the OCS classes look like as far as pilot spots. Have fun in the snow!

brian-75

My class maybe your candi-o's that week as we are scheduled to graduate on april 12. So I might be your indoc staff for that first week.

Brian-75

brian-75

well,

my class is the most physically fit and have been through the most...just ask some of the ocs staff or just us. You can expect some stress (hehe)mondya-friday, and on saturday but I will not go into it further. Class 15-02 will be graduating on april 6 so i do not know if you will see them but class 17-02 will be your liasions in either Bat 2 or Bat 1. Don't bring a navy blanket or any unnecessary things. Ther big 3 in that blue flip book is not exactly right word for word but not by much. i can go into more once the time gets closer. I will be keeping in touch with this site till graduation. Do not expect email at all on the OCS computers once you get access to them, you have to go to the NEX and phone calls only on sunday til you secure...but then you have too much to worry about anyways..hehe

:)

Brian-75

Darren Avila

I too will be reporting to OCS on April 6th. I have a SNA slot as well. To say that I'm excited to start would be and understatement. Anyway, I look forward to seeing you all there!

All I have to do now is suffer through one more week of work

P.S.- To those who are in OCS or have recently graduated, do people really show up totally out of shape and otherwise unprepared? I can't imagine people would choose to do that!

P.P.S- Does anyone know what our class number would be? I'd like to know all of my OCS address info ASAP. Thanks for the help.

Edited by - Darren Avila on 03/15/2002 20:23:16

Edited by - Darren Avila on 03/15/2002 20:25:49

gt0767a

Dave,
Sorry to see you didn't make it into 20-02. Looked for you on the roster and was wondering what happened. I ended up on Indoc staff, which is a lot of work, but very gratifying. Hope you don't get bumped again. 16-02 is an awesome class and will be a good indoc staff.

Darren, 20-02 had no in-pfa failures and a lot of them were just under their out times. I would say they are in pretty good shape. Also, your class will most likely be 22-02 or 23-02. Hope that helps.

Christine

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Have orders will travel!

Finnnnaalllyyyy got my orders. So now Im ready to go!! No more bumping Mr Dave.

Dave

Darren Avila

I have yet to actually recieve any orders. My recruiting office continues to tell me that I'm in the April 6th class however. Who knows, maybe I'll get bumped. I'll believe it once I'm holding my orders. It's anyone's guess as to when I'll actually recieve anything from NRD SF. Thanks for the info gt, it's a big help. Is there any other inside info you want to provide?
Do a lot of people drive to OCS, or do most people fly?

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Daren,

Drive. I know its a long drive but you will want a car. If your an SNA then you will be in Pcola for a while and you will want transportation while in OCS and API.

Dave

Darren Avila

Dave,
OK, it's official, I go pick up my orders friday afternoon. So far it looks like it's just yourself and I who go to OCS April 6th in this forum. I plan on leaving CA on Monday or Tuesday and arriving in Pensacola on Friday evening. Are you driving there as well? We should meet for a few beers before we stroll in on Saturday. When do you plan on checking in?

Darren

Edited by - Darren Avila on 03/27/2002 20:23:19

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Darren,

I will be checking in on Sunday. I will also be in town on Friday afternoon. A buddy of mine is in his 5 week now and I'm going to hook up with him for some "pointers". When I find out where I am staying I'll let you know.

Dave

Darren Avila

Dave,
This drive is taking longer than I expected. I seem to have perfectly timed the afternoon/evening traffic in nearly every major city I pass through. So far it's happened in LA, Phoenix, a little bit in El Paso and now in Houston. I'll be in Pensacola on Saturday afternoon sometime between, say, 1 and 3. I booked a room at the PCola Holiday Inn, but I had to change my reservation and move it back a day. The hotel # is 858-474-0100. I made the reservation change online, so who knows when it will register on their system but they should take a message anyway.

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.