• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

vballindaytona

Hey everybody,

Long time no talk. This is why I am writting. Since getting my Jan 2003 date I have become very sidetracked. I was so disappointed by the 9 month wait that I have lost interest, well not lost interest, but am not as motivated as I was a month ago. Like I have said before my recruiter holds workouts every wed, and I have missed the last two weeks because of working 55hrs a week. I'm not running anymore, not visting the site anymore. I have no doubt in my mind that when it comes down to the last few months that I will shape up, and I have no doubt that Navy will be my career, just have hit a rough patch. It seems like all I do is work and sleep. I was just pissedm I was ready to go, motivationally, physically, knew all the memorization items, that when i heard of my 9 month wait that my ambition dropped. Trying to snap out of it.

Jonathan

vballindaytona

guys, thanks for the attempt to motivate me ;) one question for anybody who knows the answer. My recruiter holds pt on wed mornings from like 8-10am, and although its not mandatory, is mandatory for him. I have two jobs and work 65 hrs a week, one being security at a bar and don't get off work till 4am. after that i'm dead tired and its HARD to make it to my recruiters pt sessions. I know the program he set up means well, I just feel alot of pressure from them and my parents when i can't make it. I don't want to be a dick to my recruiter, but the navy is not paying my bills right now. I know before you go to ocs you have to have a recruiters signoff session/get orders etc, my question if I don't show up can he hurt my navy career in any way whether it be postponing my ocs date, or cancelling it, etc. i just don't know. I'm already have an SNA slot and go to OCS jan 25 2003, so I'm already swore in. I would love to go to these sessions, but I find it ridiculous he holds these sessions in the middle of the week (wed's) from 0800-1000. Since I work nights, that is the middle of my night. Can anybody plese post their thoughts/opinions on this.

Thanks
Jonathan

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
One of the first things you will learn when you join the Navy is the saying, "HURRY UP AND WAIT!!!"

V/r,
ET3(SW) Scameheorn

Dave Shutter

Vball...I hear you, I worked 50+ hours a week cooking in a resturaunt during my app. process (Emmeril makes it look cool but trust me; it sucks!) a lot of late nights and long weekends, but take a look at the PT standards for OCS. If you're barely passing then take it from me: you're in trouble. I showed up at that level and was lucky to not get rolled poopie week. When you take your IN-PRT it will be after a few days in Poopie-ville. If you get 4 hours of sleep a night you're lucky. You get hideously sick on day one from everyone ballistically spraying germs in each others faces and you're basically on your feet all day from 5am-10pm. You'll get used to the chow, you'll love some of it, but at first it's all disgusting and you have to eat every crumb. When it's time for the in-PRT, with the DI's and Chiefs watching you, you'll feel like a corpse. If you're out of shape to begin with you'll feel even worse. If you're not used to running regularly then pain will be your new companion in OCS. Maybe you'll be able to run through it for 3 months without injury, maybe you won't. PT starts off pretty easy but it's get harder real fast. If you do poorly on the weekly PFA's and fall out of runs then count on lots of special attention. Get in the best shape you can and you're that much closer to being invisible.

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 05/23/2002 00:34:59

Status
Not open for further replies.