• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help identifying a Duty Station on an LPH from the movie Apollo 13

Citation3

This is a direct result of @mad dog constantly posting Speedy Tuesday (and Wednesday and Thursday and even Saturday) posts. Very cool stuff.
In his defense, astronauts were rocking the Speedmaster and eating Dunkin' Donuts well before @mad dog ever thought about it.

STS-2 crew Joe Engle and Navy astronaut Richard Truly

412868-5ce47bf480941c69ce8e34eda1b6cba2.jpgEngle-Piece-Article.jpg

Here is a great picture I received after Engle signed his piece for my collection. Engle and Chuck Yeager were close friends and Yeager gave Engle one of his Rolex GMTs who in turn gave it to his wife Jennie who wears Yeager's watch today.

1117464-daa1d00cbb25e1459e5af5e99bcb0e84.jpg

Last edited:

Citation3

Not a watch guy but good lord this is cool

Thank you all for the information regarding the original topic. Linkedin is weird with messaging now requiring me to send a message using AI and having to set up a trial membership to do it. For now, I'm at a dead end with trying to contact Mr. Altemus. I'll figure out a workaround to try to get to him.

As to the topic of my collection that got introduced here, thank you all for the kind words. I had set up a thread a few years ago here about my collection thinking there might be some interest but quickly deleted it out of embarrassment.

For any one interested here is an article about the collection as well as a link to where the full collection can be viewed. Both of these will provide some insight and background into what I'm trying to accomplish with the collection.

The Speedmaster Signature Collection

Speedmaster Signature Case Back Collection (50 Years In Space)
Chronological Journey Of Historic Moments In Manned Spaceflight - Fratellowatches online

Lastly, here are the most recent pieces added to the collection that do not appear on the panel display. As you can see, I have a soft spot for Naval astronauts.

Again, thank you all for the time and effort is assisting me.

Readdy Final STS-79 V3.jpeg

Cassidy Final EXP 63 V2 w:Dragon.jpg

Parmitano Final copy.jpeg

Stott STS-133 Final.jpg

And just because I think this is cool, when Captain Cassidy returned his signed piece he included this fantastic coin for my collection.

Cassidy Challeng Coin.jpg

Here is a nice video we did to support the piece signed by Jim McDivitt.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Thank you all for the information regarding the original topic. Linkedin is weird with messaging now requiring me to send a message using AI and having to set up a trial membership to do it. For now, I'm at a dead end with trying to contact Mr. Altemus. I'll figure out a workaround to try to get to him.

As to the topic of my collection that got introduced here, thank you all for the kind words. I had set up a thread a few years ago here about my collection thinking there might be some interest but quickly deleted it out of embarrassment.

For any one interested here is an article about the collection as well as a link to where the full collection can be viewed. Both of these will provide some insight and background into what I'm trying to accomplish with the collection.

The Speedmaster Signature Collection

Speedmaster Signature Case Back Collection (50 Years In Space)
Chronological Journey Of Historic Moments In Manned Spaceflight - Fratellowatches online

Lastly, here are the most recent pieces added to the collection that do not appear on the panel display. As you can see, I have a soft spot for Naval astronauts.

Again, thank you all for the time and effort is assisting me.

View attachment 39337

View attachment 39339

View attachment 39340

View attachment 39342

And just because I think this is cool, when Captain Cassidy returned his signed piece he included this fantastic coin for my collection.

View attachment 39341

Here is a nice video we did to support the piece signed by Jim McDivitt.

LinkedIn has certain protections in place so you just can't message anyone you need to have a connection in common and I checked and I don't with him. He isn't too active on LinkedIn either so the response time could be slow and it could be you would find another with a more direct way of contacting him.

Citation3

LinkedIn has certain protections in place so you just can't message anyone you need to have a connection in common and I checked and I don't with him. He isn't too active on LinkedIn either so the response time could be slow and it could be you would find another with a more direct way of contacting him.
Thank you for the gouge. That would explain why I was able to message 10 years ago with no problem.